ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

The little boy sat in the back of the moving van as he listened to his parents talk about something he didn't understand

The morning was cold and the sun was just rising as they drove on an isolated road near the woods. The little boys head was leaned against the car door as he tried to go back to sleep.

But every bit of exhaustion was erased from his mother's next few words.

"Hey Jayce me and papa have a surprise for you." Katherine stated as she turned to look at him.

Jayce looks up at her and nods his head excitedly. "Yes! Mommy what it the surprise?"

The mother grinned at the little boy, as the car stops in the middle of the road. No one was around people were sleeping.

"It's a secret."

The young mother gets out of the car before grabbing the little boy. "Close your eyes, no peaking." Katherine demanded.

The 4 year old complied and covered his eyes with his free hand. They started walking as their feet crunched against the dead leaves.

After about 7 minutes of walking Katherine let's go of his hand and he uses his free hand to help cover his little eyes so he didn't cheat and peek.

"Mommy can I open my eyes now?" The little boy asked, but the mother doesn't answer, which causes him to frown.

"Mommy?"

"Count to 100 then open your eyes." Katherine's voice was so distant but Jayce didn't really pay attention to it, all he cared about was what his mother had got him.

"Ok!" The little boy complied and tried his hardest to count to 100.

After he got to 60 he grew tired and gave up. "Mommy I gonna open my eyes now!"

When he opened his eyes everything was dark, he couldn't see anything because the trees covered the sky, and that scared him.

He wanted his mommy but she was nowhere to be seen.

He tried calling out to either of his parents, but neither responded to the call. He dropped to his knees wailing in fear.

But all of that came to a halt when hears a low growl in the distance, getting up onto his feet he makes a run for it to only come into contact with a coyote.

Jayce falls back onto his butt and tries to back away but the coyote inches forward slowly— backing him up into a tree so there was no escape for the little boy.

"Mommy! Help me—"