Chapter One

The waves crashed as Ruby sat on top of the capsized boat, squinting from the sunlight as she checked on John B and Sarah.

This wasn't supposed to happen.. now the three of them were stranded in the ocean, just great.

She set her bag on her lap, the three of them looking over at another boat and then back at each other as Ruby scrambled to grab the gold from her bag.

She held it in the air, twisting it side to side so it would reflect in the sunlight, silently praying that this would work.

Relived tears filled her eyes as the boat blinked its light back at them, her plan had actually worked, they'd be safe now.

John B helped Ruby onto the boat, her leaning against one of the walls for stability as she shivered from being out of the water.

She gladly went into the blanket once Sarah offered it to her- only they had one small problem, they had no idea where they would end up now.

A couple days later Ruby sat on the bed, silently wondering if JJ was okay- did he miss her as much as she missed him?

She wondered if he would keep his promises of waiting for her but it seemed unlikely, they were probably declared dead at this point.

Her heart twinged at the thought, what was he thinking right now? Had Kiara swept in and removed any trace of her from his mind?

Ruby nibbled her bottom lip anxiously, she needed him back, she needed him to know she was alive, that she still loved him.

She briefly overheard Sarah saying they were in Nassau but she couldn't bring herself to focus on that, rubbing her chest to try to get the pain to go away.

She looked over as John B came over, picking her up and carrying her up top as Terrance told the three of them to wait there.

But once they noticed the cops coming towards the boat Sarah smashed the window and they crawled out, John B once again picking up Ruby as they ran like hell out of there.

God this wasn't going to turn out well.