Chapter Eighteen

For the first time in a while Ruby actually felt like she could breathe, she finally felt safe and secure.

She knew John B would flip once he saw the ring on her finger, but she didn't care, she was engaged to JJ.

The thought made her giddy inside, she was going to be his future wife, who would've thought JJ Maybank could settle down?

She stood in the kitchen, making everyone breakfast, happy to have a normal routine back.

The others were talking amongst themselves but Ruby didn't mind, this was her way of reliving stress.

She hummed to herself as she cooked, every now and then looking out the window to check on everyone else.

Ruby looked up, practically drooling as JJ walked in; his blue work shirt was completely unbuttoned, a backwards hat on his head, not to mention his shorts were hanging low on his hips, giving her the perfect glance of the top of his boxers.

She licked her lips, silently wishing she could just have him in her mouth right now, but she knew they'd be caught by the other pogues.

They locked eyes as he caged her in against the counter, tilting her chin up and placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

His hand intertwined with hers, pulling it up to his lips and kissing the small diamond on her engagement ring, making her heart flutter.

She pulled him into another kiss, knocking off his hat so she could tangle her hands in his hair.

They continued their kiss, hands roaming until his phone began to ring, making the couple groan in unison.

Ruby looked at the caller ID, both of them sharing a confused look as it was Heyward who was calling.

The two of them gave each other a look, clearly thinking the same thing.

Why couldn't they just have one day without anything going wrong?

With a sigh they grabbed each others hand before running outside to tell Pope the news.

Let the fun begin.