Chapter Fifteen

Let's just say being in jail wasn't as cool as the movies, in fact the entire Kildare police force was a bunch of paid off assholes.

Ruby huffed after she was put in the system, finally allowed to have her stitches redone- she wished they would've just followed JJ's plan and gotten the hell out of there.

She leaned her head back against the wall in her cell, the feeling of being trapped slowly creeping back in.

*two years ago*

Ruby sat in Rafe's bedroom, he'd locked her in there after a fight and hadn't been back since.

She banged on the door, " let me out! Please let me out!" She pled, scared tears streaming down her face.

But no one came to the door, even as she pounded and pounded on the door until her fist went numb.

She stood on shaky legs, wiping blood off her bottom lip and sniffling as she looked for a way out, but it was no use, his window was too far of a drop.

So Ruby curled up in a ball on the floor, tears streaming down her face and whimpering as she waited for Rafe to return home.

*now*

Ruby blinked rapidly, jolting straight up and taking an anxious breath, her hands were shaking as she tried to calm herself down.

Now that she was here her mind wouldn't quiet, she didn't have JJ and she couldn't even see her brother because of the stone wall dividing them.

She looked at her ring, tears filling her eyes as she remembered how simple things were at the beginning of summer, now she was in jail and would probably never see the love of her life ever again.

She curled up in a ball and closed her eyes, willing herself to sleep but it was no use, she couldn't sleep without JJ.

She sighed and stared at the floor, wishing they'd never gotten into this mess.