Fix you

Bakugo sat with Deku on the rooftop of their dorm building, the night sky spread out above them. They were both quiet, lost in their own thoughts.

Deku had just come back from a rough encounter with a villain, and Bakugo knew he was feeling shaken up. He wanted to help, to offer some kind of comfort, but he didn't know where to start.

Finally, he spoke up. "You know, I always hated that you were so damn good at saving people," he said, his voice rough.

Deku looked over at him, surprised. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you always know what to do in these situations," Bakugo continued, looking out at the city. "You're like a goddamn superhero. And I feel like I can never measure up to that."

Deku reached out and took Bakugo's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "You're amazing too, Bakugo," he said softly. "You've saved my life more times than I can count. You're strong and brave, and you have a heart of gold."

Bakugo felt his eyes prick with tears, and he turned to look at Deku. "I just...I hate seeing you hurt like this," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I wish I could fix it."

Deku smiled at him, a sad but genuine expression. "You can't fix everything, Bakugo," he said. "But you can be here for me. That's enough."

Bakugo leaned in and hugged Deku tightly, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. They sat there for a while, holding each other, until Bakugo pulled back and looked at Deku.

"I'll always be here for you, Deku," he said, his voice strong. "No matter what happens. I'll always have your back."

Deku smiled at him, and Bakugo felt like he could finally breathe again. They sat there for a while longer, watching the stars, until Bakugo stood up and held out his hand.

"Let's go get some food," he said, grinning at Deku. "I know this great place that makes the best burgers."

Deku grinned back at him, and they walked down the stairs together, their hands intertwined. Bakugo couldn't fix everything, but he could be there for Deku, and that was enough.