Part 9

At 1am, I was finally back at the hotel. In the morning I was going to be flying to Nashville. My mom had flown back not long after my performance. She'd text me telling me how good I did and I called her to tell her all about Calvin.

"Just ignore him sweetie"

"Mom if you were there you'd have been able to see how hard it was to ignore him"

"Well are you going to see him again"

"No of course not. I'm not interested in dating right now, especially people like him"

"Okay Hun just as long as you're not pushing the ones that matter away"

"Mom he really doesn't matter"

"Okay take care, I'll see you tomorrow"

I hung up the phone and started to pack. Meredith and Olivia were cuddled up on the bed together.

Calvin's obnoxious face was stuck in my mind and I could not erase the memory. He had such a strange effect on me. I disliked him, but there was something about him that made me curious. I wanted to know more. He was nothing like I expected he would be. How could someone I barely know have such a strange effect on me?

Iv been here before too many times. I was so sick and tired of being photographed with a guy I could actually picture being with for a long time, just to have him rip out my heart and destroy me. I couldn't take it anymore. Just looking at Calvin I could tell exactly what would happen if I let him have his way. We'd be pictured out together, and then I'm trapped. If I'm only seen out with him once I'll continue to be labeled a man eater, a whore, a slut, and I can't be dealing with that any longer. The only time I will ever be seen hand in hand with someone, is if that person is absolutely extraordinary.