Part 12

The journey was silent on the way to this secret place Calvin had planned for me. I was beyond nervous from just being seated next to him in the back of a car, never mind on a date with him. I was looking out the car window when I felt his hand caress the top of mine that was positioned on my lap. I froze, then glanced down at his hand before looking directly into his eyes

"Why don't you make more of an effort to enjoy tonight rather than not enjoy it" he said in his husky voice. I went to speak but no words came out. I was frozen from his hand on top of mine. He stared at me, squinting slightly waiting for an answer. He sighed before taking his hand away and looking back out of his car window. Why was this guy trying so hard?

A few more moments passed and we apparently arrived at our destination. As soon as the car stopped Calvin jumped out the car and strutted round to my side. As I waited for him to open the door, I had a quick glance out of the window to see where we were. All I saw was a large multi-storey building. As I was looking, my car door flew open, Calvin standing to one side allowing me to climb out. He slammed the car door behind me then stood at my side, so close our arms touched.

"Follow me" he said walking ahead. I did as he said without a word. He was obviously annoyed now. I didn't want to make him angry, I just wanted to put him off so he would give up on me.

The two of us walked up to the large building and Calvin held open the door for me. "After you" I looked up at him, and hesitantly walked inside. As I stepped in it was pitch black. I jumped as Calvin walked in behind me and shut the door. I couldn't see a thing.

"Right iv had enough, get me out of here" I turned only to smash into Calvin's strong torso. He grabbed my waist and spun be back around

"I said trust me" he whispered

My heart was pounding in my chest. I screwed my eyes shut. Then Calvin hit some sort of switch. To my surprise, there was a beautiful garden that lit up in front of me. I felt like I had stepped into somewhere in Thailand or Bali. Fairy lights hung from the ceiling, cherry blossom trees hung over a steam that was surrounded by decking, and in the middle, over the small bridge, was a 2 persons table and chairs set out, a bucket of champagne in the middle. I was amazed. My mouth hung open as I looked around, Calvin smiling behind me.

"What is this place?" I asked. Touching the delicate petals of a beautiful flower I had never seen before

"It's a garden show room" I knew you'd want somewhere private, so I thought this would be perfect"

I giggled slightly as I turned to face him.

"So this is where you bring all the girls is it?"

"Iv never brought anyone here before" he said walking towards me. I shyly looked down at my feet before looking at the face of the guy who was towering above me. "Shall we?" He said, opening his arm towards the table and chairs. I walked ahead of him smiling, still admiring the gardens beauty as I crossed the bridge towards the seats. He pulled my chair out for me, and pushed it back in as I sat down. He took his seat opposite me, staring at me for a moment with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I say giggling slightly

"I'm just happy to see you smile Miss Swift"

I smile down at the table shaking my head, nervously playing with the rings on my fingers.

"Well I'm impressed, Mr Harris. I never expected this"

He smiled at me for the longest time. I couldn't help but smile back. For the last few minutes I had forgotten about 'not wanting to date' and 'being single'. I'll admit, he's shocked me, but I'm still curious as to why he's being like this towards me.