Part 14

It had been a few weeks. I was now back in New York and I have never been so happy to be back to what I consider reality. I had ignored Calvin's calls and texts. I really was not up for meeting him after what he thought was okay to do the last time I saw him. Even though I had not spoke to him, I was dying to answer the phone whenever I saw his number. The fight to resist was intense, and I didn't know why. I was furious that he kissed me but would do anything for him to do it again. I knew id have to face my demons sooner or later. I had to at some point confront him, as I have been told hundreds of times by my friend Karlie who will not shut up about him. She thinks she's helping, but all she's doing is putting more thoughts of him into my head.

Calvin calls me at least once a week in some sort of attempt to speak to me, and on one particular day I decided to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I said nervously

"Taylor!" He was surprised to hear my voice.

"Calvin" I said sitting on the edge of the bed. I tried to come across like I was not happy with him, but it wasn't working.

"Why have you suddenly decided to answer your phone Miss Swift?"

"Iv been...busy" I lied

"Hmm of course you have. Listen, I want to see you again"

"Calvin we've been through this I..."

"I know I know, I'm not asking to be your boyfriend ok, just say you'll see me again...please"

This is the first time iv heard him sound desperate. Ignoring his calls has obviously had an effect on him, and it made my stomach flip at the thought that someone was so eager to just spend another evening with me. It took me a while to think of an answer. I did want to see him again but I didn't at the same time. I listened to him breathing down the phone.

"Taylor?"

"When?"

"Next week?"

"I'm going to LA next week"

"I'll be there. What are your plans"

"Erm I'm going to Haims concert"

"I'm going with you, I'll arrange to have you picked up, I'll call you when you're in LA"

"Okay, bye"

I ended the call and through the phone down on the bed. Running my fingers through my hair I paced around the bedroom.

Excitement mixed with anxiety was racing around my body.