Part 18

I ran into my bedroom from the bathroom, still wrapping the towel around my body when I heard my phone vibrating. Was it Calvin? I hadn't heard from him since yesterday when we...you know...and I couldn't wait to hear his voice. I answered without even looking who was calling.

"Hello?" I said with excitement

"Taylor?" It was my mother

"Oh hey mom, you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine" she sounded slightly annoyed

"Is everything ok?" I said, adjusting the towel around me.

"Taylor why didn't you tell me?"

Oh god she knew!! I did a long blink and took the phone away from my ear for a moment. I told my mother I would never been seen dead with Calvin and now she has probably seen the pictures of me hand in hand with him before I even had the chance to tell her. There was no point of me trying to lie my way out of it.

"Mom I'm sorry, I should've told you, but he's not long left, I..."

"Wait, what? He stayed the night?"

I froze. Why did I say that. I started stuttering.

"Erm...well...I..."

"Taylor Alison Swift you tell me the truth, are you sleeping with this man?"

"Mom I'm 25 years old, why are you talking to me like I'm 17?"

"Oh Taylor this a horrible way for me to find out about all this. Why didn't you tell me you where going on a date with him? I wake up this morning to see pictures of you holding hands with a strange man..."

"Okay okay, listen I'm so sorry, I didn't want to tell you because I had no intentions of actually seeing him again, but then it kind of happened"

"Well are you officially dating him or not?"

"I...I don't know"

I quickly disconnected the call. I couldn't explain to her where our 'relationship' was, I mean, at the moment my guess was as good as hers, I had no idea what was going on or what I really wanted...