Part 19

After my mom called I received several other phone calls from my friends. Ellie, Gigi, Selena, Cara, they'd all been asking me about Calvin. I decided to pluck up the courage and looked on twitter at what the pictures were like, and to my horror, there were hundreds.

"Taylor Swift seen out with Calvin Harris"
"Taylor and Calvin an item?"
"New beau for TayTay"
"Harry's heartbreak as Taylor finds love"
"Taylor Swift finding new song inspiration"

I threw my phone across the bed and tucked my knees up to my chest. I knew this would happen and the worst thing was, I didn't even know which story was true myself as my feelings were completely messed up. Then, my phone started vibrating, I stretched across the bed to get it, it was Karlie.

"Hey" I said lazily. She was only one I hadn't spoke to today since she's been busy.

"Hey, how're you doing"

"I'm ok, apart from the fact iv just seen all the stories the world is once again making up about my love life"

"Oh yeh? That's what I wanted to talk to you about"

"Go ahead, iv had plenty of practice at telling people today" I wasn't annoyed at Karlie, it had just been a long exhausting day as far as emotions go.

"I'm actually quite surprised you two have gone this far, considering you 'weren't his type'" she mocked Calvin's accent as she said it. I sat and listened to her giggle at her joke.

"What...what do you mean, not his type?" She went silent

"You've not...seen it?" She sounded concerned now

"Seen what? What's going on?"

"Oh god! Erm...can I come over?"

"Erm yeah, what the hell is going on Karlie?" I started panicking. Not his type? What the hell was she going on about?

"I'll explain everything when I get there, see you in 10 minutes"

She hung up the phone and I was left sitting on the edge of my bed, guessing as to what she was going to tell me when she arrived.

I sat on the edge of my couch, picking at my finger nails nervously as I waited for Karlie to arrive and soon enough, there was a knock on the door. I jumped up and answered it.

"Hey" she said hugging me

"Hey come in" I let her in and she walked straight into the living room, taking off her coat and waiting for me to follow her in after locking the door.

"Right what is going on?" I said standing in front of her crossing my arms. She sat down on the couch, moving her fringe out her eyes.

"Well.." She said, tapping her finger against her leg. I just stared at her, pushing my lips tightly together with nerves.

"There's a video" she stopped to see how id react.

"A video? What do you mean?"

"Of Calvin...he's playing some sort of game on a radio show...and..." She kept stopping

"Oh my god Karlie, please, just..."

"He said he'd swipe left..." She shouted over me, not allowing me to finish my sentence. I laughed slightly.

"Swiped left?"

"Yeah, it was a silly game he was playing with the radio DJ's. They gave him several women, one being you, and he had to choose to swipe right or left. Right being 'I like you' and left being...I don't" I looked away from her, my mouth open slightly. I rested my chin in my hands.

"It was just a silly game though, he was probably saying it to cover up the fact he liked you"

"I'm not stupid" I stood up, my voice shaking.

"Taylor..."

"No" I interrupted, tears forming in my eyes. I was pacing around the living room "it all makes sense now, it was probably some stupid bet, to try and tame me or something, or win me over, it explains why he's so eager"

"What? No, he likes you Taylor I can tell.."

"No he doesn't, all he wanted to do is have his wicked way with me, I knew this would happen, god I'm such an idiot..."

"Taylor, you didn't..."

"Yes I did, and he hasn't called me, or texted me, he got what he wanted and now he's probably telling all his friends..." I threw myself down on the sofa opposite Karlie and cried into my hands. She came over and sat next to me, wrapping her arms around me letting me rest my head on her shoulder. I felt one of her hands stroke my head.

"Hey, listen, you can't let him get to you like this..."

"But that's the thing, I let him get to me, and it's destroyed me..."