❝ uhh.. why not? ❞

The next morning, the normal routine of (Name) began

The next morning, the normal routine of (Name) began. Got out of bed, changed into her uniform, had breakfast, and walked out the door. Hanakō was feeling better, so he joined his siblings on the walk to Akademi. It was back to normal, the siblings were on their way to school until they stopped at the meeting point where Osano usually stood.

He wasn't there.

It made (Name) worry, he was always there. She turned to face her two brothers, who were already on their phones, seemingly calling or texing the orange-head. Taro got an answer, he had just been waiting for Osano to pick up the phone.

"Osano, where are you?" Taro asked, he was silent as Osano was giving him his reason for his absence. "Okay, you just made us worry. See you tomorrow."

Taro hung up and put his phone in uniform pocket. (Name) asked if Osano was okay, Taro told her that he was taking a mental day. A disappointing look appeared on (Name)'s face.

The siblings had just continued their way to school. It wasn't long before they arrived, then they went to their normal spots before the day had started. (Name) went to go greet her new friends at the cooking club, Saki and Ajia were talking to a purple haired girl, she had twin-drills and her eyes matched her hair color.

"Hi." (Name) said as she walked up to the trio of girls. Saki and Ajia waved, the purple haired girl looked over at (Name). "Oh, hello."

"Hi, (Name)!" Saki waves, smiling at her, the teal haired girl looked over at the purple haired girl. "This is Kokona Haruka, my best friend, she's apart of the drama club."

"Oh, cool!" (Name) said, nodding in approval.

"You joined the cooking club?" The girl named Kokona asked, (Name) nodded. "Well, they're a pretty good group."

"Well, me and Ajia are going to the club room! We're gonna start making our meals, (Name) you don't have to come if you don't want to, it's completely optional." Saki said, as she and Ajia walked off. Kokona waved at her two friends as they walked off.

She then turned to (Name). "U-Um, can I ask you a question?" (Name) nodded.

"Is Saki cute to you?"

"Oh, I mean sure, she's cute, but I don't want to date her or anything like that." (Name) said.

"Oh, okay." Kokona said, she felt a bit relaxed when (Name) said that. "Sorry."

(Name) said that she was all good. A sudden tap on her shoulder, (Name) turned around, it was Ayato. She happily greeted him, he waved to her in silence.

"Kokona, this is my friend, Ayato." She said, the purple haired girl waved to him. He did the same. "Ayato, this is a new friend of mine, Kokona."

"Hello." Ayato said, simply.

"Hi, there." Kokona said, waving. "Hey, my club is meeting up, I gotta go. Nice meeting you two!"

"Bye!" (Name) waved as Kokona walked off, Ayato was glad to see (Name), and she was all by herself, his morning was so far so good. "Ayato."

"Hm?"

"You wanna head into the building?" (Name) asked. A nod comes from him. "Alrighty."

They went into the common's area, which was wear Taro usually spent his mornings. But, they just wanted to talk with one another, so Ayato and (Name) went to sit under a cherry blossom tree.

"How long are you going to be in the third year-class?" Ayato asked, (Name) shrugged. "Is the headmaster doing anything to get you to the right class?"

"More than likely not." (Name) said. "I've heard that he doesn't deal with situations until they're going to ruin Akademi's reputation."

Ayato nodded, but felt like he had to do something. The two continued talking and found out something new about the other one. It was a while before they were interrupted by the student council president, again.

What does he want now?

Ayato met eye contact with Megamo and made sure not to let his eyes leave the silver-haired boy.

"Hello, Ms. Yamada." He said, standing above the duo. Then, he just walked by. "Aishi..."

(Name) waved awkwardly as he walked by, thinking 'what the hell?', why was he such an ass towards Ayato. The girl looked over at the black haired boy, who was just looking over at Megamo walking out of the common's area.

"Bastard." Ayato murmured.

"Has something happened between you two?" (Name) asked curiously. "Or is it too personal to talk about?"

"It's a bit personal." Ayato said, holding the bridge of his nose. "Let's just say, we're not best buddies."

"Alright.." (Name) left it at that, not really wanting to pry into Ayato's personal life. It was a little past 8:00 when the duo realized what time it was. "It was nice talking to you..."

"You too." Ayato said, he began to stand up, then he brought his hand out to (Name), who took it and he pulled her up. "I'll walk you to class."

"Oh, I'm sure it's okay..! I'll walk to you class, though." (Name) smiled, Ayato refused. "Uh.. why not?"

"This school has some shady people and a lot can happen in a short amount of time and I don't want to take any second chances." Ayato explained.

"Ayato, it's okay. I'm just a story above you." (Name) said.

"..." Ayato wasn't budging, (Name) wasn't either, so they just stood there in silence before (Name) just turned and started to walk towards her class. Ayato was letting her go, making her think it was a punishment, but him being him, he let her go before he began to follow her.

Ayato kept his distance until he knew that she made it into her classroom. (Name) was talking to her brother about something. Ayato watch from the classroom door for a while before he started to make his way to his class, (Name) in his head every step of the way.
_____

hope this is a halfway decent update, sorry i haven't been updating a lot, i have a job now and i barely have any free time with me doing summer school as well. 😭😭