ⅩⅩⅠ

(since we don't know what ayato's dad's name is, i'm going to be using the name kyosei from dacorn's 1989 lovesick series)

"Hello mother, father." Ayato's emotionless tone enters the room, you looked at his parents, they looked nice.

"Who's this?~"

"I-I'm Y/N Yamada, nice to meet you, Mrs. Aishi." A smile forms on your face, causing your chubby cheeks to change to a rosy red.

"Aw, don't call me that, call me Ryoba! No need for formality!" She says with a smile, Ayato face palms in embarrassment, Ryoba ignores her son.

"And this handsome man, his name is Kyosei, my husband!" Ryoba wraps her arms around her husband's body, she smiles softly at him, he smiles in fear, making you look at him curiously.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I thought Ayato was going to be alone for a while, but I'm glad he found someone to talk to." He says with a smile, this one wasn't fearful, he looked kind.

"Thank you, Mr. Kyosei." You say bowing, he chuckles softly, then gives you another smile.

"Not a problem, it's nice meeting you."

"You too." You smile at the man, Ayato, who is beside you sees the smile on your face.

Whoever takes this smile away from me, I'll have to end them, just like I've done in the past.

Ayato is very protective of you, despite just meeting you, he doesn't let any other boy come up to you, if you're with him, he smiled softly at you, but his eyes were widened, catching his mother's attention.

She knew of his possessive side, she had it too, because if anyone touched Kyosei back in 1989, she would make sure they never saw the light of day again.

Kyosei found himself being forced to love Ryoba, he couldn't hate his life because he was able to earn a son from his possessive wife.

But, Kyosei wanted to make sure you wouldn't go down the fear and pain he went throughout his life, when he was held captive in Ryoba's basement.

(edgy, eh?)

"Well, Yamada, how did you meet Ayato?" Ryoba says with a smile on her face, gently putting a hand on your shoulder.

"We actually met a couple days ago, I saw him sitting alone on a bench during lunch, all of my other friends were doing club stuff, so I didn't really have anyone to eat with, then he caught my eye!" You explained with such enthusiasm, Ayato not taking his eyes off of you for a second.

"Ayato has been lonely at school for a long time, he's never really made any friends at Akademi High, so it's nice knowing that he has someone to be with him throughout the day."

"Well, I'm glad to make sure that's not going to happen anymore!"

"Thank you, Y/N. I'm glad to know that there's still good people in this world, thank you."

"No problem, Mrs. Aishi!"

She smiled softly, Kyosei smiled with tired eyes as well, Ayato opens is mouth all of a sudden.

"Y/N." He says blankly, you look at him with curiosity, he looks to the side, "Are you related to Taro and Hanakō Yamada?"

You nodded, the topic was hard to avoid nowadays, there's been no clues, no evidence, no nothing for almost four months, it caught his eye that you obviously didn't want to talk about your brothers.

"Sorry," Ayato says with regret, "your last name just sounded like theirs."

"It's fine.."

The rest of the time at Ayato's house was just talking with him and his family, you've bonded with Kyosei and Ryoba, them feeling like another set of parents.

You ate dinner with the family of three, Ayato and you told them about the chase earlier today with Mido, Mujo, Megamo, and Aso.

That's not the half of the people that are wanting your love—

It was time to go, Ayato offers to take you home, but you kindly decline, which probably was a bad idea, but you can't control that because I choose your decisions in this matter.

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Aishi, see ya tomorrow Ayato!" You wave at the three people standing at the door, waving back to you.

You walked out of their views, and start to make your way home, when you get to your block someone grabs your chubby wrist.

Quickly turning around, seeing who it was, seeing if it was a stranger, you get your fists ready.

"Y-Y/N, it's just m-me.." A boy's voice calls out, the voice was very recognizable, the small bean, Oko.

"Oko! Oh, I'm so sorry!" You say giving him a quick hug as a sorry, he automatically returns the hug.

"It's fine, Y/N-chan." He looks at you with a shy smile, "W-Were you on your way home?"

"Yeah, I was."

"S-Same, is this your block?" Oko's usual stutters made your owo's to overload.

You smile and nod at the boy, he suddenly takes your hand and you look at him with redness on your cheeks.

"S-Sorry!"

"N-No, you're fine! Your hands are cold though, s-so why not warm them up..?"

He nodded shyly, the two of you walk, hand-in-hand, you then ended up at your house, your mother was waiting for you.

"How was—" She stops herself, and starts to freak out when she sees you with your hand holding Oko's, "Y/N! You got a boyfriend?!" She practically screams.

"N-No! He was walking me home, his hands were cold.."

"Like I'd believe that!" She laughs, she then hugs the dark-haired boy, he hugs her back with a shy smile on his gentle face.

"I-I gotta go now, I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N. Nice meeting you, Mrs. Yamada!"

"You too, Oko dear." Your mother closes the door and she smiled at you with a somewhat scary look.

"Can I have grandchildren now?"