CHAPTER: IV

"GOAL!" Isagi exclaims as Bachira scores another point. "These damned Team Z," Barou whispers. He gets the ball when his team kick-offs.

Isagi quickly goes into action and tries to stop him. "Where is he going?! Right? Left?" Isagi thinks as he tries desperately to get the ball. But Barou quickly and easily gets past Isagi with a simple heel flick.

"Shit, I'm sorry! Kuon, he's heading your way!" Isagi shouts. "Okay! I got it! Don't sweat it, it's a two-on-one!" Kuon exclaims as he and Asahi run towards Barou. But Barou gets past them easily as well, he kicks the ball between Asahi's legs and keeps on running.

"He's got skills..." you think, with a bit of admiration. "Should I go after him?!" you whispered to yourself.

"He's so fast! Will I even be able to catch up?!" Chigiri whispers to himself as he begins to wonder even more. "You're fast. I'm sure you could do it," You spoke while Chigiri felt his cheeks burn up a bit at your words.

You turn around to see that Barou had already scored the goal. "I spent too much time wondering, and calculating," you say as you felt sweat drops from your forehead..

Goal!

Team X                              Team Z
1.      2.

"Now hear me, suckers, and remember my words. For me, the ball isn't my friend or any nonsense like that. It's just a servant that exists solely so I can shine freely."

"On the field, I am the King." He speaks, holding his hands out, doing T pose as he stood before you guys.

"You seem to be full of yourself judging by your words, Barou Shouei. But you are wrong... kings need brain to lead the country, but do you...have it? As far as I remember there remained one king on the field. It was either Ronaldo or Messi, but for many Japanese and Deutsch people the one and only emperor and the dominator of the field is Shindo Kamishiro or you might know him as König des Feldes. So, as you know - I'm the only daughter who is taking over his throne, Y/N Kamishiro."

Other people from team X was stunned by your words, their confusion, fear, and surrender were written on their face.

"Oh? So let me be you King, future queen." He says as he turns his back to you, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Heiress that doesn't need a king. She only needs knight in a shining armor or warriors that'll follow her words like a pawn on the chess board. So that King pride of yours is on the floor to be wiped," Isagi talked back at Barou.

"My, my. Yoichi that's enough for now. All we need is a win, right?"

Plus-ultra-time-skip:

"But the coolest one was the goal she did only by herself!!" Bachira exclaims.

"Team Z, great match I must say." Ego appears on his usual screen.

"Oh?"

"That was brilliant way to prove that you guys are worthy to be in Blue Lock Eleven. But soon enough you all will be facing a wall that reflects on your movements," He continues.

"I understand now. In today's game, all anyone was thinking about at the start was scoring for themselves, which led to a bunched-up-free-for-all. That's probably what it means to be at 'zero'," Isagi explains while your mind flashes back to the scenes.

"But man, to be honest, that wasn't soccer." Imamura says confusion vividly on his face as he tilts his head to the side.

"That's true. The thing that broke through that zero was Barou's goal. It acted as a catalyst, creating a clear path for goals, which led to them playing as a team. Barou used his talents to turn the 'zero' of chaotic bunched-up soccer into a 'one'. Using that as a guiding principle, a team can evolve into a '10' or even a '100'. So, what's required is the power to produce that 'one'," Isagi clarifies.

"I agree! Only that irresistible trait and talent can make it possible!" Bachira exclaims with sparkles around himself.

"A striker is someone who turns a "zero" into a "one", and the other positions multiply it to "10' and "100", huh?" Kuon says, putting a finger to his chin. "So did Ego add that rule about the team's top soccer surviving to make us figure that out?" Asahi asks.

"Most likely," Isagi nods. "Because of that rule, our egos were exposed, and we were forced to play by and for ourselves, without thinking about positions or tactics. And our egos have to clash before we can truly become a team."

"Soccer. A team... they are created by an irresistible striker. That must be Ego's message to us," you said as you brush your hair back. "Yes. Very good. You're on the right track." Ego suddenly appears on the screen.

"Hello there, diamonds in the rough. The second match in building 5 just finished. Team V beat Team Y, 8-0."

"What?! 8-0?!?" Igaguri exclaims. "Wow," you synced with Isagi.

"You're on the right track, but it seems you still have no idea how to turn zero into one. First, let's talk about this country, Japan. The Japanese love to have roles allocated to them so they can just complete their tasks. For example, take one of the few major sports where Japan is on par with the rest of the world: baseball. It's inning system distinct periods for offense and defense, and there's no physical contact out in the field."

"Each role is clearly defined in this sport, and it fits the Japanese psyche like a glove. That's why we're so strong at it. But that's not the case for soccer. It has an open field where offense and defense alternate as the situation demands. And it can be very physical. In this sport you can't win by simply doing the tasks you've been given. Which is why you need personal skills. Individual skills."

"In Japanese soccer, the positions we can be proud of are our midfielders and full-backs. They work like dogs for the team. They turn the "one" created by the striker into "100". Without the devotion of those players, Japanese soccer wouldn't be where it is now.
Therefore, there will be no revolution," Ego explains.

"So, diamonds in the rough, overwrite your consciousness. In soccer, scoring a goal means destroying the other team's structure. Which makes a striker a destroyer. The act of scoring is a revolution on the field, where you wreck the other team's order. Diamonds in the rough, do not let yourselves get trapped in the nothing of roles! Or you won't create one from zero. Take up your weapons, strikers. Identity it clearly. Which weapon will you use to mess with the other team, make them yield, and destroy them? Think hard about what you can do with your body and your mind. It's always your weapon that kick-starts this revolution known as scoring."

At this point, you were trying your hardest not to make Bachira fall from a chair. You were also surprised how Bachira has been shirtless this whole time. Well, isn't he cold?

"Victory can only exist once you get beyond that," And with that, the screen turns off.

"That's all the piece that we will ever need to conquer the first selection."