CHAPTER V

"My weapon is my magnificent shooting techniques," Raichi says, pointing a thumb toward himself. "And my motto is: "Sexy soccer!".

"Sexy soccer..?" you mumbled, hands covering your mouth, as you try your best to not to laugh.

"Mine is getting in behind," Asahi says, his words echoing light melancholy brushed with carelessness.

"Mine is...being physical," Gagamaru chimes. "I'm an all-rounder," Iemon added, eyes darting around—taking in everyone's expression.

"Mine is my never give up attitude!" Igarashi exclaims, grinning sheepishly. "Mine's the power in my left-footed shots," Kunigami murmured.

"Mine's my speed and technique," Yudai smiles proudly, hands on his hips.

"Mine's probably my dribbling..." Bachira sways side to side tiredly before finally flatfacing to the floor and going to sleep immediately earning a light snicker from you.

"Dribbling," Kuon repeated as writes on the notebook he held. "Mine's my jumping, who's next?" Kuon asks and you point at Isagi.

"Yoichi," You said, your shoulders shrugging in nonchalance as Isagi seems to break out of a trance upon hearing his name.

"Uh, my weapon? Oh, hm...I wonder what it is..." Isagi scratches his chin, his eyes moving side from side nervously. "Your passing?" Igarashi asks with a snort.

"No, I can't say that as a striker." Isagi turns to look at Igarashi. "The fact that you don't even know means you're doomed. Next!" Raichi exclaims with his face resting on his fist.

"Hold on!" Isagi exclaims nervously, while you sway from side to side—impersonating Bachira from moment ago.

"When's it gonna be my turn?" You uttered to yourself.

"Well, tell us when you think of something." Kuon says, writing something down on the small notepad. "Last of all, Chigiri, Y/n?" He asks.

"Not telling..." Chigiri says. "Hah?! But, that's the whole point of this conversation!" Igarashi says, his voice raising in the slightest.

"If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to," You say, with a little disappointed face. "Whatever. Let's just ignore the selfish queen over there," Raichi digs in his ear with his pinky finger.

"Guess we'll have to. What about you, Y/n?" Kuon turns to you.

"I'm gonna be honest. I have a lot, but I ain't breaking it up to you guys," you smirked as Kuon's brows furrow in confusion.

"That's alright...I guess?" Kuon smiles, but it betrays the maddening look of his face.

"Well, I guess I'd have to say my weapon is...my agility, ball control, dribbling, field control, etc" you shrugged them out while Kuon writes it down carefully.

"That's a lot, Y/n... I'm envious," Raichi sarcastically rolls his eyes, Igarashi snickered at the remark.

"I wonder how you keep things equal? Talent? Hardwork?" Isagi murmured, but it wasn't loud enough for you to hear or others.

"So, for the next game—"

"But if everyone just does what they want, won't it end up like the last game?" Iemon asks. "Can we really win if we do what Ego tells us to do?" Gagamaru questions, laying down on his side next to Asahi.

"Even with weapons, if we aren't coordinated, they're meaningless," Asahi says. "Why don't we come up with a strategy where all of us can shine? I think it's better that way? More likely rotaitional way of formation," you chimed in, Isagi held his chin with his index and thumb, striking pose of thinking while his head nodded continuously.