CHAPTER XXII

"My, my Y/n, you have forgotten one thing, haven't you liebling?" Kaiser said.

"Woman in men's team should have high salary to keep up... or else you'll face disqualification, my love." He whispered in your ear, tucking your hair behind you ear.

You felt a chill run down your spine. Kaiser's word never felt so true before. And ever since this Neo-Egoist League started, you felt like you have been lacking the potential.

Ever since from the Kaiser's word- you have been spacing out, Noa and Isagi would reach out for you ask what the problem is, but all you say is "It's nothing."

Yoichi after the fight with Yukimiya had been training non-stop. He had set his mindset into "I'm fully prepared to die alongside my ideals."

Lately he broke his personal best on the treadmill, sweat has taken form upon his chin- and sliding down.

"During that match.. I couldn't do anything much as a striker. And I got results for the team with an assist. But what do I still need to make my own goal next time?" He quietly thought as he leans his head on the wall.

"After playing alongside Noel Noa I keenly felt that I couldn't imagine beating him the way I am now... I admire him too much to make him my goal. In teams of flow, if the challenge is too difficult then you can't concentrate because of your unease...." He continued.

"In that case, you can't do anything to grow so you need to find a new goal. The goal I have to aim for that's between me and Noel Noa..... is him because Y/n would be difficult."

"I need to study Kaiser and make him my own weapon. I'll be the one to survive in this dog-eat-dog world."

During the past ten days for practice, you were in the practice field- competing with Kurono. He had been better support than anyone else that had supported you before. To be fair, he was great replace for Bachira, but if Bachira had been here with you- the amount of advantage you have will be limitless.

"Y/n, how such an amazing girl like you end up in Ego's project?" Kurona asked as he lays down beside you on the field. You both had been exhausted, sort of out of breath.

"I don't know, but personally, I think it was my father who sent me here. He had talked to Ego- then Ego contacted me I guess?" You chuckled, having to dots to the action that is taken in the shadows.

"Can I ask something personal, Y/n?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you German?" He blurted it out, and it brought you back to your senses. "I- uhm. Yeah. But my dad is Japanese- and my mom is German. I had no intention on saying these to others but seems like you have figured it out already."

"Well, I mean- how could I not? Asian-European mixtures are always drop dead gorgeous." Kurona said, making you blush.

"Hey, c'mon." You laughed.

"I'm stating facts, Y/n." He smiled.

10 days later, every single person from Bastard München had lined up in Bastard München's meeting room.

"All right, Bastard München. Time to announce the starting line up." Noel Noa said, while his eyes scans around.

"After the first match in subsequent training.. I have decided on the optimal formation to lead us forward. I've selected the most suitable players based on the numbers. Now I'll announce the starting line up for our match against England:"

"First, Centre Forward- Michael Kaiser, next on upper right- Kunigami Rensuke your cumulative rating was boosted a bit by your goal in the first match. And on the left side, as an offensive mid-fielder is Isagi Yoichi. Your cumulative rating was also boosted by your play in the first match." Noa continued.

"Good work, Yoichi." You patted his back as you stood beside him. "Thank you, Y/n." He smiled.

"On the left side is Ness." Noel Noa said and that was followed by Ness saying, "Yes, sir~"

"Lower mid-field is Y/n. Your cumulative rate was alsoe effectively boosted by your play in the first match."

You nodded your head, and Isagi also congratulated you on getting picked. "Our anchoring defensive mid-fielder is Ali. Next, our defensive line our right wing back, Kurona Ranze. I selected someone who could coordinate with Kunigami Rensuke and Isagi Yoichi on the right side and who has speed, dribbling skills, and the ability to adapt quickly. On top of that, he's been honing his skills as a wing back in taping and has continued to show his ability to coordinate with Isagi Yoichi which directly affected his score."

"If it means playing in the next match, I'll follow you, Isagi." Kurona says as you grin at him, "How he so cute?" You thought.

"Our two centre backs are Mensah and Birkenstock. And our left wing back is Yukimiya Kenyu. All of your numbers are exceptional, so it would be waste to keep you on the bench. We'll use your speed to cover the left side. You'll give the team boost when contributing to attacks and I have high hopes for your contributions to our offense and defense."

"Yes, sir." Yukimiya replied, Noel Noa shared a glance with you then continued onwards, "Finally, our goalkeeper is Gagamaru Gin."

"Huh? Me? I didn't expect that." He says.
"But your physical ability data makes you unusually suited for goalkeeping. On this team, your numbers make you the best option for goalkeeper. That's all." Noa said.

"Whoa, lucky. Well I'm glad to get to play at least." Gin commented.

"This is our formation. 4-4-2."

(I represented y/n as our icon fubuku- cause she is everything and y'all too

(I represented y/n as our icon fubuku- cause she is everything and y'all too. all hail to y/n🗣️🗣️)

"Well, of course. These players were selected based on numbers but they were also chosen from an experimental standpoint. I'm sure your already sense the reason. Currently this team has two philosophies." Noa added.

"The first is an extremely rational style that uses Kaiser as the team's finisher. And the second is Blue Lock style which trigger chemical reactions by means of all-out egoism. Let's call it eat-or-be-eaten situation. The goal from the last match was the idea that Bastard München didn't have. But, Y/n. You don't have to keep up to let Kaiser score. You are egoist. I won't keep you tight on this."

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate it." You replied.

"Wait, Noa. Are you testing me?" Kaiser asked. "So you do get it. Don't lose your spot, ace." Noa replied. "You damn meddling meister." Kaiser muttered.

"Prove yourselves. It's game time, Bastard München. Quit complaining and go win." Noa says.

"I have been waitung for you, Y/n. And Isagi."