the Ruins of Life

Lillie's POV

I watched in awe as the pink dash that was Tapu Lele flew above us. We all looked up and watched how the blue spun around the totem and up to the temple, when footsteps approached the four of us.

I turned around, and jumped to run off when I noticed it was Faba, chief of security at the Aether Foundation. Hiding behind a statue, I listened in on his conversation with Ash, Serena and Olivia.

"What a splendid battle that was, Miss Yvonne, was it?" Faba stated. I assumed Serena just nodded, as she never responded. "I do apologise for the intrusion, but after the incident yesterday with those team Skull ruffians, which I would like to thank you for, Mr Ketchum, I informed my employer about the situation and she would like to meet you both. We have another young trainer on his way too, who has also caught our eye. Please meet us at Hano Grand Resort!"

I could hear his footsteps leaving, when I pulled myself out from behind the statue. To them they never even noticed me leave.
"Wow did you hear that? The Aether foundation would like to meet us!" Ash yelled in excitement. Serena seemed moderately happy, smiling alongside him.

"I'm sorry guys, I won't be joining you to go there. I have some business to attend to, I'll meet you guys later on Ula-Ula Island!" I smiled politely to my friends. Olivia must have noticed my troubles, as she smiled sympathetically at me.

We said our goodbyes as the two trainers made their way towards Hano Grand Resort, and Olivia turned to face me.

So, do you want to get your business done?" Smirking at me, knowing what I mean. "Come on, I'm sure Tapu Lele will be waiting."

We arrived at the Temple of Life, to which Nebby saw the opportunity to jump out of my bag and into my arms. I nodded at the little cosmic cloud, and we approached the totem.

How can I help? A deep but feminine voice exclaimed within my head.

Tapu Lele.

I looked back to Olivia, who just nodded, smiling.

"H-hi, I'm Lillie, and this is Nebby. I was wondering if you could help me, help Nebby understand who they are. We have visited Tapu Koko, and they told us to talk to all the other I-Island Guardians." I stammered, under the immense pressure of talking to a literal god.

I see! Let me think. This friend is not from our world, but I'm sure you know that. I believe they are only a child, but this is my first time seeing a  Pokémon like them.  I smiled at Nebby, now understanding how my protection was worth it.

———————————————————

Ash's POV

We arrived at Hano Grand Resort, a day early. The area was beautiful, a beach resort plastered with pale blues and yellows, shining in the sunlight. I stared in awe, the whole area was just unbelievable.

"Good day sir and madam, would you like a room?" I snapped out of my trance as a lobbyist approached us.
"Yes please!" I stated. I felt a light tap, as I noticed Serena's face had turned bright red, I'm not sure why. Maybe the heat was getting to her?

"Okay, I would like a name."
"Ketchum"

"Follow me please, Mr and Mrs Ketchum. We have a room for you both." I now realised why Serena was bright red, as I felt my own face turn the same shade.

We arrived at our own room, and there was only one double bed, as I placed down my bags. We had time to kill, a whole night to be exact, but I was exhausted. I let Serena collapse on the bed whilst I decided to take to the desk and do some research into the Aether Foundation on my laptop.

With my research, I had found out that the Aether Foundation was a place for any Pokémon to stay with no consequence, including some rare Pokémon. Nobody is allowed to battle in the main dome, as that was where the wild Pokémon lived. Pokémon can choose to join your team if they wish, although only the pokémon agree. The owner of the area was Lusamine, and she looked familiar but I didn't know why. It also turned out that there was a Psychic type gym, where visitors can battle.

I smirked, knowing my plan now.

I must have slept in my chair, as now sun rays were shining through my curtains. I looked over to the bed, where Serena slept peacefully, with Snowy curled up at her side. I won't disturb her.
Pikachu was curled up on the desk, I gave him a quick pet, but I needed some air. I stood up and left everything in the room as I went down to the beach outside.

"Noibat! Use Wing Attack!" That brought back memories, as I noticed Hau was outside on the beach training too. He stopped once he noticed me approach. "Oh! Hey Ash! Are you going to Aether too?" I smiled nodding. I didn't realise Hau was the other trainer that Faba wanted to meet the President.

"Of course! And I'm going to challenge the gym." I yelled, pumping my fist. "Do you want to train?"

My Pokéballs were back in my room with Serena, but that didn't stop me helping Hau with his Noibat.

After a long time of training with Hau, it was now clearly day and I needed to get back to Serena. Jogging off, I managed to trip over a stone on the floor. It was quite a cool stone, so I put it in my pocket and continued back to my room.

Serena was already awake, but very sleepy. I gave her a quick kiss on her head as I started to make breakfast for my girlfriend and my Pokémon. Pouring out the food, I didn't notice the cool stone fall out of my pocket and into the bowl of Rowlet.
"Come on out guys." I whispered, to not disturb Serena. For once, Rowlet was very awake and swallowed his food in one go, when he started choking.

Both me and Serena jumped up in a panic, rushing to help the small owl, when he started to glow. "He's evolving!" I yelled. Suddenly, the glow stopped.

Rowlet looked clearly upset, I think he wanted to evolve. He started to focus his energy into evolving, straining himself, but nothing was working. He kept trying, until he pushed himself too far and knocked himself out.

I rushed him to Nurse Joy, with Serena by my side but still in her pajamas. Nurse Joy scanned the poor owl, and finally came to a conclusion.

"I'm sorry Ash, but I believe your Rowlet has swallowed an Everstone, which will prevent him from evolving."

Rowlet let out a sad "coo" and cuddled up to me, as I looked sympathetically at the poor owl.