Iced Over

Ash's POV

I woke up in my new room. This time,  I was in my own bed as this flat was bigger. Lillie and Serena shared a room, which kinda disappointed me, I liked cuddling up to Serena at night. I opened my room to the kitchen, where I noticed everyone was already awake. Rockruff, Litten and Pikachu were eating their breakfast while Rowlet slept in my backpack. Braixen and Morelull were stood by Serena, who was cooking breakfast. Nebby was bouncing around the room with the egg on its head, being chased by Lillie. I smiled at the scene. I sat down at the table, petting my Pokemon.

"Morning Ash!" Serena greeted cheerfully. "Pancakes again?"

"Yes please Sere." I noticed she smiled at the nickname. I like it, so I'm going to use it as often as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

After Ash had wolfed down his pancakes, which is usual for Ash, we set off for Ash's third gym. He already told me he was using Rockruff and Litten, so I expected Ash to hand me Pikachu and his backpack.

We arrived outside the gym, when the doors flung open. Out came Gary, super confident. "Hey Ashy-Boy! I just smashed Isla with my new Pokemon. Wanna battle?" He asked.

"Sure, if you watch me beat Isla too." Gary shrugged and followed us inside. Once we were inside, I shivered. It was freezing, so I guess Isla is a Ice type gym?

"Hello Ash! I see you've finally arrived for the battle. Now, let's see if your Pokemon are as cool as your looks!" Isla shouted across the room. Once again, Isla was flirting with Ash but she was lucky I was in the stands. Lillie must have seen my anger, as she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it was one comment. She knows you two are together, she's trying to distract Ash." I nodded, realising her plan.

"Pfft. Ash'll be lucky to beat her. She almost beat me." Gary stated.

"I thought you said you smashed her?" I called.

Gary jumped back and waved his arms in front of him. "No... of course I beat her easily." He stuttered. I smiled and shook my head at him.

"The match between Gym Leader Isla and challenger Ash will now begin. The rules are, two Pokemon each and only the challenger can substitute Pokemon. Please send out your first Pokemon, both of you."

"Rockruff! I choose you!" Smart choice as Rock is strong against ice.
"Ruff!"

"Sandslash! Go!"

"Rotom, why does this Sandslash look different?" I asked the Pokedex

"Because this one is from Alola!" He buzzed.

Sandslash
The Mouse Pokemon

Gender
Male

Fleeing a volcanic eruption, it settled on a snowy mountain. As it races through the snowfields, it sends up a spray of snow.