The First Trial

Lillie's POV

It was now Serena's turn to be excited, as she was dragging me and Ash towards the place where Ilima told us to meet. We arrived at a huge house, on the opposite side of Hau'Oli City, where Ilima was stood at the front gates. "Ah! You arrived. Serena, this will be tougher than Ash's gym battle. You sure you're  lready?" Serena nodded, with determination in her eyes. A look I hadn't seen in Serena before, it seems Ash is rubbing off on her. "Good. Follow me." He led us out of Hau'Oli and towards a cave.

"Is this where it takes place? It's so... big!" I said, looking around. The cave was quite beautiful. Vines were hanging off the walls and ceiling, moss covered the rocks, and the floor had started to grow grass. It was the perfect place to hold a trial.

"Yes, welcome to Verdant Cavern! But now I have to explain the rules. First, the spectators can't intercept with the trial in anyway." Ash and I nodded, understanding. "Second, defeat five Yungoos, then you can battle the Totem Gumshoos. Got it?" Serena nodded. "Good! Now, go!" Ilima told her. Before Serena could start, Ash pulled her towards him gently and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Those two make a perfect couple. She blushed and ran into the cave.

Ash and I followed her in to see her already in the heat of a battle. "Morelull! Absorb!" She yelled from the opposite side of the cave. One down already.

"Yo yo yo! What you doing? I'm tryna catch some strong Pokemon here!" A man said, walking out from behind a rock. He noticed me and instantly recognized me. "Woah! You're wanted within Team Skull for that Pokemon of yours! Gimme that blasted thing!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

I watched as the Team Skull grunt reach for Lillie's bag. She dodged out the way and Ash stepped forward to let Pikachu have a go. "Ash! Wait!"
"Pi?" The mouse said, confused.
"You can't battle, it's against the trial rules! I'll battle." He sighed in defeat as I grabbed Morelull's Pokeball once again.
"Lull?"

"Do you want revenge on Team Skull for kicking you?" The Pokemon nodded its head and turned to face the grunt.

"Hey I never signed up to battle but whatev's. That things as weak as a branch." Morelull stared the grunt down, obviously not liking the insult. "Go! Rattata!" What? I thought Rattata's were purple?

 "Go! Rattata!" What? I thought Rattata's were purple?

"Rotom, what's up with this Rattata?" Ash asked.

Rattata
The Mouse Pokemon, Alolan variant

With its incisors, it gnaws through doors and infiltrates people's homes. Then, with a twitch of its whiskers, it steals whatever food it finds.

Hah, this should be easy. It's a dark type and Morelull is a fairy.

"Morelull! Use- huh?" I started. I noticed that Morelull's Mushroom started to glow, but now a bright pink color. She was learning dazzling gleam!