First Gym!

Serena's POV

It was 11 o'clock in the morning and me and Lillie were being dragged through Hau'Oli city. He was eager to get his first gym badge. The only thing is, we had no idea where it was. "Ash, maybe we should go to the PokeCentre." Lillie said. He let out a sigh of defeat and stopped.

"Actually, we don't need the PokeCentre. Rotom!" I told him.
"Bzzt- Yes Serena?"

"Can you show us where the Pokemon gym is for Hau'Oli City is?" I asked the Pokedex.
"Sure can!" It's right here!" Rotom replied, pointing to the map on his screen. All three of us sweat dropped, it was next door to the hotel we were staying at.

We finally arrived at place Rotom said, but the thing was, it didn't look like a gym. It looked more like a school. "Rotom, are you sure this is the place?" Ash asked. He seemed unamused.

"Yup, this is the place." A voice said from behind. We all turned around to see professor Kukui behind us.

"Professor, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to see the runner up in the Kalos League battle. If you could, please use your Greninja. I want to study that Water Shuriken of his." I noticed Ash look away.

"Ash, try contact Greninja. See if Z2 and Squishy are done." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. He looked towards me and smiled. He nodded and started concentrating. After a few minutes, he looked up again with a frown. "Anything?" He shook his head.

"What? Can you explain what all of that meant?" Kukui stared at us as if we were crazy, which I giggled at.

"You see, me and Greninja had that special bond, as you should know. Our bond was so strong that I could communicate telepathically with him.  But after the events in Kalos, he left. He told me that he was going to destroy the remains of what happened. I haven't been able to connect since." Ash explained. Kukui and Lillie nodded, understanding.

"Anyway, about that battle. I think by now the gym leader is ready." Kukui told us.

"Who is the gym leader, are they a teacher or something?" I asked.

"No, but he is Head Boy in the school. Plus a trial captain and a gym leader." The professor stated.

"Wow, isn't he a little miss perfect." I whispered so only Ash could hear. He faintly laughed along. We turned around again to go inside when the doors opened. A boy stood in the corridor, waiting for us.

 A boy stood in the corridor, waiting for us

"Hello there Professor. I see you have some more challengers." He said, nodding at Kukui. He soon turned to us and started speaking again. "I am Ilima, The Gym Leader. Which one of you is the challenger?" The boy said.

"I am. My name is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and I challenge you to a battle!" Ash yelled. I smiled because he still had his enthusiasm from last year.