The lie that took everyone away

Flashback

After the reveal, Adrien and I became like brother and sister. The friendship I had with him was different than the rest. We had a special secret so we were bound at the hip.

I always joked around about him and Lila because the girl obviously wanted him. I enjoyed seeing the disgusted look Adrien would have on his face. He hated Lila but played nice which she took as flirting.

One day after a long night of fighting an akuma, Adrien and I were exhausted and the last thing we wanted to do was go to school. However, we were able to get each other out of bed since he stayed the night. I didn't want Adrien to leap around the city to his place when he was on the verge of passing out.

The two of us walked to school looking similar to zombies. The coffee hadn't kicked in. While I could handle caffeine, Adrien would end up bouncing off the walls and acting like a kid on Christmas. He was only allowed a certain amount.

"Mari, it's my turn," Adrien groaned reaching for the coffee.

"Kitty, we both know how you are with coffee. You have to wait a little longer for another gulp," I replied.

"But I'm so tired."

"Then you shouldn't have been keeping us both awake with stupid questions. You were fighting sleep just to annoy me."

Our bickering continued until we reached our seats. The gang was all in the back minus Alya. She was in the front next to Lila's empty seat. The girl knew all of us hated her, but she wanted to give Lila a chance.

Once Lila had started taking people away one by one, everyone took turns sitting next to me so they could "protect" me from the devil. It was sweet of them, but how they remember whose turn baffles me. By the looks of it, Adrien was my seat buddy. Good. Now we could sleep slightly against each other.

It was a couple minutes before class was to begin, so the teacher wasn't in yet. This would give Lila a bit of time to get her daily dose of attention.

"Hi everyone," Lila yelled as she walked through the door. Speak of the devil. She had a smile on her face until she saw Adrien and I sleeping on each other.

If I was actually awake, then I could prepare for the drama Lila was gonna start. I only woke up to the sound of wails. Slightly opening my eyes, I saw Lila pretending to cry. I nudged Adrien to wake him up.

"Five more minutes," Adrien quietly complained.

"Lila is coming this way," I whispered in his ear.

That woke him up. Adrien always was on guard to prevent her from touching him. Lila's desperation was disgusting honestly.

I heard my old friends who are now known as sheep running over to her.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make a ruckus. It's just something happened and... and I couldn't help but tear up," Lila lied.

I turned around to Nino. "What happened this time?" I asked him quietly.

"Lila saw you and Adrien asleep on one another. Probably got jealous, but I have a bad feeling about this lie," Nino replied.

"Oh girl, what happened?" I heard Alya ask Lila.

"I don't know if I should say anything. I don't want her to hate me more. I can't handle anymore bullying."

I looked at Adrien eyes wide. "Cat, shit is about to go down."

"Lila. It's ok. Tell us who's bullying you," Rose said putting a hand on Lila's shoulder.