Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

"God damnit get back here!" I said chasing down Adrien who should not be running.

"No!"

"I need to see how you're healing. I was told you'd feel better but it would scar."

"My body is a temple and no woman is allowed to see it!"

"I literally saw it last night when I was getting you out of your bloody clothes!"

"I did not consent to that!"

By now, we were outside in the room area of the suite. Others were rather sitting down or finishing getting ready. Adrien decided to jump over the counter in the kitchen putting space between us.

"I will tell him!" I threatened.

"You wouldn't dare..."

"Then stop acting like a little kid and get over here."

"It's too early for this," Kim groaned.

"You're not the one who had to chase the child down," I complained as Adrien sat on the counter taking his shirt off.

"What should I name this one? Should I name it after your boyfriend Mari?" Adrien asked.

"Please don't, but he was right. Your scar or whatever you will name looks fine. I think that this is going to be the lightest it will ever be."

"That looks gross," Chloe said walking out of her room.

"I kind of want to poke it," Alix said walking over.

"I feel naked," Adrien said about to poke it.

"Well you wouldn't feel that way if you let me check it when you woke up this morning." I slapped Adrien's had away before he made contact.

"I had too much energy to stay still."

"That explains why my coffee is gone. I going to take a closeup of it to show him. I'd told him I would keep him updated."

"Who is 'him'?" Nino questioned standing close by to look at the injury.

"I can't..." I started.

"Of course you can't."

"Do you think I like this? Do you think I like keeping secrets? I am unable to say anything because it's not my secret. Imagine if I told him your secrets. How would you feel?"

"He must already know if he was the one who patched Adrien up!"

"He doesn't. It's only me and Adrien. We hold the most powerful miraculous yet our secret identities are more known than yours. What I did last night was dangerous and would put your secrets out there. We can't afford that. The more people who know the more the world is at risk."

I looked out the window and saw once again Paris in ruins. I don't know if it's the toxin still messing with me or a warning. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

"Are you ok?" Adrien asked. It wasn't until then that I realized a tear had run down my cheek.

"I'm fine. Get dressed. We have to get there even earlier than yesterday after the whole Scarecrow incident. I'll meet you all in the lobby..."

~~~

If I heard Lila complain about having to be up this early, I will snap. I'm already in a bad mood over the fight I had this morning and the quick visions I'm having. They quickly come and go. Adrien knows for sure something is wrong, but I don't want to worry him. He almost died last night. Adrien should care more about him and his injury than me.