Never Question Alfred

Several moments passed and Adrien was still awake. The blood lost and magic caused him to not be all there. While I was a match for blood type, Alfred wouldn't let me give him any.

"Miss Marinette. You were injected with Scarecrow's toxin less than 24 hours ago. It may still be in your blood. We cannot risk it."

"But I beat him. It should be out."

"You didn't get the antidote. You may have beat it, but there is a small chance it could still be in your system."

"What am I supposed to do? He lost a lot of blood, and you're asking me not to give him mine to make up for it."

"Lucky for you both, we have some universal in stock." I don't even want to guess why. "As for what you can do, you can stay by his side until he is out to calm him down."

"Alfy, rip the dang rod out. I'm not gonna actually be put under any time soon," Adrien said eyes closed ready for this damn night to end.

"Is that really the best idea?" I asked.

"Do it or I'm gonna be impaled for the rest of my life."

Drama queen.

I'm a social work major not anything health related so it's probably not super accurate but screw it. Our poor boy has a metal rod in him and needs the damn thing out.

~Jason's POV~

Things settled down and the cave felt oddly quiet. That was until a loud scream could be heard from the med bay. 

I rushed over others behind me. I got to a point where I couldn't go any further. Probably Marinette using magic to keep everyone out. Smart.

All I could see was Alfred standing over someone and Marinette walking away with tears in her eyes. Tears threatened to fall at the sight. I wish I could run over to comfort her. The day keeps getting worse for her.

Everything around me disappeared as I watched Marinette walk over putting her hand on the force field. I put mine against hers causing her to weakly smile. It was the only thing I could do for her in the moment. Marinette stood there for a small moment before walking back to Alfred tears staining her face.

"What the hell is happening?" Dick questioned looking at me.

"How am I supposed to now? I'm as clueless as everyone else here," I lied.

"Why can't I get any closer or see anything?" Steph asked.

"It appears as magic is being used," Bruce stated.

"Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious," I said putting my hand into my pocket as I turned around. "What exactly do you guys see?"

"Literally nothing. Why? Can you see more?" Tim questioned.

"I see faint movement but that's it," I lied once more.

"How come you can see more? Hell you look as if you can get closer than us. And why did you put your hand up like that?"

God damnit. Now it's obvious I know more and am hiding things especially when my hand was previously on the force field. I can't do anything right especially to protect Marinette.

I glanced over my shoulder looking at the med bay once more but couldn't stand the sight any longer.

"Fuck this." I began walking away towards my bike.

Sorry for the language to those who are younger.

"You know something Jason. There are random people in the cave, and you are keeping important information from us. This could jeopardize our whole mission and identities." Bruce said stopping me in my tracks.