8. Cute

Previously...

Lan xichen, "I feel so much better now." "I'm glad." They stayed like that until Lan xichen placed his head on Jiang cheng's shoulder, the hand he was clutching onto was now joined together with his. 

They stayed like that until, "Wanyin, does this make us..."

Third Person POV

Lan xichen, "Does this make us... friends?" He lifted his head to look into the grey eyes that shined bright under the moonlight. "Since Sect leader Lan is requesting it, I will agree." Lan xichen chuckled and took a step back. He did a 90-degree bow, "Thank you for fulfilling my request Sect leader Jiang." 

They both went to bed with a peace of mind and slept peacefully. They woke up the next day smiling forgetting about all the pain they went through. Lan xichen was the first to wake up which was at 5am sharp. Even the rooster can't compete with him. He got ready and took a stroll through the town taking in the morning dew and the fresh air. Not many were awake, and no shops were open, but the decorations were still up. After completing a round around the town, he got back inside the inn, it was 9am and everyone was happy with the festival joy. 

 He went to the shared room and woke Jiang cheng up. "What time is it?"

Lan xichen, "Around 9am." Lan xichen had to close his ears or else he would have become deaf, "What!" "Wanyin, calm down, it's a festive day, you shouldn't be shouting."

Jiang cheng, "I have never woken up this late in my entire life, what am I supposed to do?"

True, even though his brother sleeps till the night, he always woke up before 8am. Maybe it was the tiredness that made him this sleepy. Jiang cheng got ready and went to eat with Lan xichen who was waiting for him outside.

They both had a simple breakfast and exited the inn.  "Where should we go now?" asked Jiang cheng looking at Lan xichen. "There are a lot of shops in that street, maybe we could take a look." Jiang cheng nodded his head and started walking towards the said direction with Lan xichen following behind. "Wanyin, aren't you afraid of getting recognized by the people?" Jiang cheng stopped and turned around to look at Lan xichen. "No, these people have never seen me before, they must have only heard about me." "Fine." Lan xichen walked ahead and turned around when he realized Jiang cheng wasn't following him. "Aren't you coming?" "Y-yeah"

Jiang cheng, ' What's wrong with me?' He quickly caught up with Lan xichen and they both walked side by side. But that only lasted for a second before Jiang cheng went from store to store, looking at everything. 

Lan Xichen's POV

I had to keep an eye on Jiang cheng or else he'd disappear within the crowd; he kept going from one store to another just like a little kid. How cute!.......cute? Did I call him cute? I was too busy clearing my thought when a cute purple robed Jiang called me. "Lan xichen!" "Y-yes? What's wrong?" "What are you thinking about? I called you three times already." "You."

"What?" "I-I meant, are you done?"

Jiang cheng, "Yes, my apologies. You must have been bored."

Lan xichen, "No, it's alright. Let's continue." we started walking until Jiang cheng stopped at a hairpin store. "What's wrong?"

Jiang cheng, "Nothing, it's just..."

Shopkeeper, "Young master, these are all exquisite jade pins. If you give this to your lady, she will definitely love it."

Jiang cheng, "No thank you." He pulled me with him and we walked away. "Why did you not buy it Wanyin, I know you liked a hairpin there."

Jiang cheng, "I gave shijie that hairpin."