31.Drained

Previously...

"But I did not do it." Jiang cheng tried to remember something but nothing came to mind. He sighed. "Since we returned safely, I suppose it doesn't matter now." the jade said smiling. The Jiang nodded and took another sip from his tea.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng came to his allotted room having a friendly conversation with the older Jade. Since he did not bring any clothes, he changed into Gusu's inner robes after taking a bath. He was about to lay down when he heard a knock on the door.

He quickly put on a Gusu outer robe and opened the door. But no one was there. Slightly annoyed, he closed the door and turned only to be greeted by the demon who stood very close to him with a wide grin on his face. "You look really beautiful in white robes. Just like a maiden." Jiang cheng's hand twitched. He really wanted to stab that demon, he sighed and pushed him aside and walked to the bed.

"Aren't you curious about my name? You just heard about the two massive wars." The Jiang rolled his eyes, "You're most likely to be one of that immortal's creation." The demon smiled, "I am that immortal." Jiang cheng was shocked, how could an immortal turn into a demon.

"They tried to kill me, but I don't die. I rose up to be more powerful. You can kill me a billion times, but I will come again and again." Jiang cheng's eyebrows furrowed but before he could question him further, there was another knock on the door.

He hesitantly walked towards the door, when he opened the door, Lan xichen stood with smile. Jiang cheng, "What has brought you here?" The Lan took out a tassel from his sleeves. It was the same tassel he received from that boat man on the day of the festival. He took it, "I suppose you dropped it; I came to return it." The Jiang nodded and wished him good night and closed the door.

The Lan went back to his room, but he did not miss hearing a conversation. Though he did not clearly hear the content he did hear a deep voice. Something very similar yet unfamiliar, but he failed to notice the dark energy.

Jiang cheng on the other hand was fighting against the demon. The moment he closed the door, the demon's eye turned red. His face became paler, as his white scales slightly appeared around his neck and wrists. The Jiang unleashed Zidian who dynamically sparkled near the demon but did not touch him.

The demon's each step forward made Jiang cheng take a step back. Right when the demon tried to touch him, the Lan robes light up with a talisman, sensing the demonic energy. The demon grunted before vanishing. Lan xichen who was still on his way back went to the Jiang's room when the talisman sent the entire clan signals.

The Lan couple who was in the middle of their session had to stop immediately when they realized the signal is coming from the guest quatres. 

Jiang cheng changed his clothes to his own and put on Lan's outer robes and dashed out of the room towards the area where Zidian lighted up. On his way out, he met Lan xichen but he did not have enough time to explain everything, "Just follow me, don't ask anything." The Lan nodded and they both made their way out of Cloud Recess into the dense forest. 

The Lan disciples tried to locate the demonic energy with Wei wuxian's creation. Each person got different signal, but they still chose to split up and search everything. The whole clan was a big mess. Wei wuxian went with the trio when he did not Jiang cheng in his room.

Fearing something terrible might have happened to the Jiang the five namely the Lan couple and the trio, made their way into forest, trying to find Jinling's uncle. 

Jiang cheng saw a silhouette of a man and assumed it was the demon and chased after him. When they came close to him he turned into a snake and swiftly slid away. But they did not know where it went so they chose to split up and search on either side of a river from where they lost him. The Lan went right while the Jiang went left.

Jiang cheng knew he was on the right path as zidian sparkled violently. He stood for a moment to catch his breath after running all the way from Cloud Recess to a forest away from there. "Why do I always end up in the forest! Damn it." Jiang cheng leaned against a tree for support when he felt his energy being drained. 

Then it hit him, how is his energy being drained? He looked around but the demon was nowhere in sight. When he felt a slight sting around his shoulder, he saw a white snake curled around the same tree he was using as support. Its head peeked out from the curl as it had its teeth sucking the energy out of him.

Jiang cheng tried to move but his body froze. That snake was controlling him. After a while of getting his energy drained the snake withdrew its fangs and turned into its human form. Jiang cheng couldn't stand but he forced himself putting all of his weight on the tree.

His sight became blurry, and he felt wobbly. The demon was about to hold his face with its sharp claw, but a sword pierced through its hand. Jiang looked at the demon's hand and immediately recognized the sword. It was Shuoyue.

He finally felt at ease and dropped to the ground closing his eyes. When he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the Jade. He had a bottle in his hand, and he was saying a few words, but the Jiang did not hear anything. His head was ringing and his eyes darted side to side trying to look at all the four Lan xichens in front of him.

He understood the Lan was trying to tell him to drink whatever was in that bottle. So, he reached out, but the bottle disappeared. After several tries with the different Lan xichens, his face was lifted, and he saw four bottles being fed to him. Unable to do anything he swallowed it all in a gulp.

Very soon his vision came back to normal and only one Lan xichen was in front of him, kneeling and holding his shoulders. He felt all his spiritual energy come back and he finally stopped leaning on the tree. "Sect leader Lan, thank you for your help. I will definitely pay you back."

Lan xichen smiled, "There is no need for that. It is our fault for not preventing the entry of a demonic creature." Jiang cheng sighed. It was about time he told the truth, maybe not everything but definitely about the demon. "Actually-"

Suddenly he felt his body heating up, it was like a nerve was pulled. His eyes dilated and his eye lids dropped low. He almost dropped to the ground, but the Lan held him up by his shoulders. "Wanyin! Are you alright? What's wrong?" Jiang cheng's arms slowly wrapped around the Lan as his weight shifted to the Lans lap.