56. Separate

Previously...

He lifted his hands and placed his palm on the other's cheek, while the other hand moved to the Lan's broad shoulders. And that one touch was all it took to rip the Lan from his self-control.

Third Person POV

Lan Xichen stopped holding back and let of a heavy breath. He leaned into the Jiang's palm and a smile slowly spread on his face. Jiang cheng surprised by his actions but he couldn't retreat his hands back. He couldn't even think about it as the Lan's deep purple orbs gleamed at him. 

Looking at him, Jiang cheng couldn't move at all.  His eyes were stuck on the other's and his body failed to coordinate with him. 

"Good morning Wanyin." a soft mumble made it to Jiang cheng's ear. He took a long while processing it before opening his soft pink lips, which were dried up and stuck to each other. 

"...Good morning... Xichen." He also mumbled but his was softer. His once loud and demanding voice changed into something hushed and nervous.

Lan Xichen's smile widened at his words as he brought his face closer to the other's. Somehow even though Jiang cheng couldn't comprehend the other's actions at first, his body understood and coordinated with the Lan. The hands on Xichen's shoulders moved forward and went further around his neck, bringing them closer. 

Their heads turned slightly as their faces came closer. It was when their noses touched that Jiang cheng was finally able to understand the situation. But even then, he did not think of retreating when the Lan's eyes were fixed on him. Exposing him naked, reading his quivering lips and fluttering eyes. 

Their lips slowly met each other and moved in a tranquil motion. They had only kissed once before, and even though Jiang cheng wasn't conscious, his body remembered every little detail. They kissed as though they've done it a thousand times. The pace was slow, but they didn't mind. Unconsciously, Jiang cheng tightened his legs around the Lan, hitting on the hard member. His lips parted as a small moan escaped out. 

Lan Xichen's tongue went into the open cavern, tasting all he could get afraid he'd not get enough. Their rough tongues danced together, hearts beating in harmony and hands tightening around each other, not wanting to separate. 

The space between them was long gone. They would be stuck skin to skin if their clothes weren't there. They finally parted a little to take a breath, but their eyes were on each other's. The room was extremely quiet, making their pants echo aloud. Their hot breaths mixed together like their body. Jiang cheng's mind was cloudy, he did not think, nor did he try to. For once, he wanted to feel it. Whatever it was, even if was only going to leave him in the end. Even if he were to die tomorrow, he only wanted a little bit more. Just a little and he'd never touch it again.

It wasn't long before the Lan captured his lips once again. But this time Jiang cheng was more conscious. He knew what's happening and he followed through. He might leave soon and never return, go alone and suffer in the eighteen levels of hell. For all the crimes he'd committed starting with his mere existence, he was not so afraid of death.  

Maybe Lotus Pier would be ruled by a better leader, a better person and a better family. Someone who wasn't so narrow minded as him nor arrogant as him. But what if they were to exploit his clan? Break his clan and destroy his hard work? What if Jinling gets attacked? What if another demon tries to eat Jinling's soul? In a second, Jiang cheng's mind was filled with questions. He did not want to die anymore. There were many things to take care of. Maybe once he's done, the poison can crush his heart and turn it into rotten flesh. But how will the poison know when to work?

Tears rolled down his cheeks and fell onto the bed. The moment was hot and sexual, but his thoughts were in a different room. One filled with anxiety guilt and sadness. Lan Xichen did not notice it at first but the way they were moving against each other was not the same this. He opened his eyes and saw tears crawling down the other's cheek and piercing his heart. 

He had seen the other cry only once in his entire lifetime, but this seemed way different yet similar. That was like a sudden burst of emotion, but this was like a flower which was unable to hold the water within its petals, letting the water break through its fragile shell and fall down. 

Lan Xichen kissed every tear that came out his eyes. Going up with each peck and directly kissing his eyes in the end. His warm, soft lips against the cold and gloomy eyes made the Jiang feel better, but he wasn't sure why. Maybe it's because he has never felt such care directed towards him, but he liked it. 

Jiang cheng slowly went to sleep, covered by the Lan who was beside him still attached together. Lan Xichen slowly followed him to sleep as he admired the man in his arms.