68. Not a Gentleman

(This chapter might be a little shorter than usual, but I swear it's all worth it ;))

Previously...

Wei wuxian and Lan wangji finally popped out of their dilemma and came in front of the two.

"Anyone mind explaining?"

Third Person POV

Lan xichen sat in between the two Jiangs who were ready to kill each other.

"So basically, you don't remember the future and you don't remember the past."

"Why are you repeating it again and again you fucker!"

"How dare you call him a fucker you piece of shit!"

"That's my brother you fucking-"

"I suppose it's that demon's work." Lan xichen interjected, trying to stop another fight.

Wei wuxian was confused on how he should react to the situation. It felt nice to be loved by his tsundere brother, but his husband hated it more than ever.

All five sat around a table, inside Lotus Pier. The older seems to have forgotten all the bad things. No one asked about it and he never questioned anything. The two Jiangs who only remembered the good things did not remember the demon immortal Qi Guan either.

It took a while but even after explaining the situation 3 times, the name Qi Guan and immortal demon just vanished from their head.

Soon the three came to a vague conclusion about the situation.

-

Footsteps rushed through the thick grass.

Soft whispers rolled out of their mouth, "A-tian leaves when Yue Liang abjures Taiyang to emerge above all that lies below, leaving no one undone."

"A-tian leaves when Yue Liang abjures Taiyang to emerge above all that lies below, leaving no one undone."

"A-tian leaves when Yue Liang abjures Taiyang to eme-... shh"

"What's wrong?"

"Someone is here."

"Who-"

.

.

.

"Let's start! take it out."

Sounds of cloths being ruffled echoed through the dark forest. 

Soon coordinated mumbles were heard, causing a small golden array which sudden disappeared when a talisman was placed on top of it.

Eyes moved in panic. Lips trembled in fear. 

"Ma-master's soul, it-it's not here!" 

-

The sky was black without a moon.

Jiang Wanyin sat between Wei wuxian and Lan xichen. The two showered all their love to the younger, each with their own reasons. 

Wei wuxian missed the young face of his brother while Lan xichen found the younger Jiang adorable while questioning why he did not befriend the young Jiang.

Jiang cheng sat between the Lan brothers. For once Lan wangji and Jiang cheng agreed on something.

All the Jiang disciples and maids were restricted from entering the main pavilion. 

Jiang cheng and Lan wangji glared at the young Jiang who was being fed by Wei wuxian while receiving meat from the Lan.

Jiang cheng's mind kept shifting to the time they did the deed which made him question why the Lan was adoring the fake copy.

Soon the dinner was over and Jiang cheng and Wangji pulled their person away. Jiang Wanyin was forced to either sleep in his old room which was in the secluded part of Lotus Pier or to get out.

After being left with not much choice, the younger chose to stay in his room which was far away from the four. 

Lan xichen held his flute, deep in thought. He never thought he'd be able to play it that easily. He softly placed the flute down with a deep sigh when he suddenly heard a knock on the door.

He opened it, expecting his brother but Jiang cheng stood in front of him. A strange tension started to build up but nevertheless, he welcomed him in with a soft smile.

He closed the door behind the Jiang and followed him in. In a swift moment, he found himself against the door with Jiang cheng's arm pushing his shoulder to the door.

"You are no gentleman."