☆Chapter 4: I Missed Your...☆

Colby's pov

I gently knocked on the door that was blocking Johnnie and Jake from the rest of us. I wanted to make sure he was okay, but then I realized I shouldn't be bothering him in a time like this- but it was too late. I had already knocked.

"Yeah?" Johnnie said as he opened the door.
"Ah- shit. I... I didn't mean to uhmmmm.... Intrude? Yeah. Intrude, so, I'll leave now. Sorry. I just wanted to make sure Jake was okay.." Johnnie chuckled, and moved out of the way.

"You... you wanted to make sure I was okay?" Jake asked, standing up off the bed in front of me.
"Of course I did, Jake. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything though." I apologized to the long haired blond boy.
"No, it's okay. Don't be sorry. I'm glad you wanted to check in on me. We were done talking anyways." He let out a small laugh.
"Yeah. You wanna talk about it?" I asked him, making sure I didn't interrupt his conversation with Johnnie.
"Nah, I'm good. Thank you though. Seriously." He nodded his head.

He got off the bed, and I turned around, to walk back to the living room by the rest of the guys.
"Uhh.. Colby, wait." Jake said, and I turned around.

He wrapped his hands around my torso, and squeezed tightly.
"I missed your touch..." he sighed. I smiled and hugged back.
"I missed you." I said as he chuckled at my response.
"What? Too cheesy?" I smirked, both of us pulling away from the hug.
"Colby Brock being too cheesy? Never." He laughed, and gently punched my shoulder.

"But seriously. I missed you, Jake. I missed you so much. I was so so so upset when we all decided it was for the best if we all moved out, my mental health went to complete shit without you guys there for me. Sure, I had Sam, but I've always had Sam. Sometimes I feel like it's better to talk to someone who I don't see everyday for the past however many years I've known him. I'm sober now, and I've fought to keep it that way, but it's hard without you, Jake. I love you so much, and without you there with me, it hurt." My voice cracked slightly as I said the 'I love you'. It was true, I really did love the boy. I didn't know if it was romantic love or platonic love, but it was there regardless.

I looked into Jake's eyes, to see tears welling in them.
"Colby... I love you too." He smiled, a tear falling down his cheek. I smiled and let a tear of my own fall, as I rubbed my hand across his soft red cheeks, wiping the tear away. He let out a small chuckle and leaned his head into my hand. I knew the boy didn't mean the 'I love you' as a romantic type of thing, but I knew he meant it. Jake didn't often tell people he loved them, especially if he didn't really love them. The only people I've heard Jake say 'I love you' to was his parents, sister, Tara, me, Johnnie, Sam, Corey, and Aaron. I'm still kinda upset Aaron didn't show at the café... he didn't answer the texts we sent him.

I realized I was zoned out, but Jake was still resting his head in my hand, which made me smile, and a slight blush creeping up to my face. I pulled my hand away, and he intertwined our fingers. I tilted my head like a puppy, in a form of asking him what he was doing, but he said nothing. He brought us to the living room, and sat down. I sat down next to him, and didn't say anything.

"Johnnie, hand me the remote." Jake told Johnnie, and Johnnie listened. Johnnie was sitting on the other side of Jake, and Corey was sitting next to him, then Devyn, then Sam. I felt bad for not talking to Sam much this trip, but he seemed to be doing fine with just talking to Corey and Devyn.

"Jake! Joh-" A boy with purple hair bursted through the door, greeting the other two boys.
"Aye! Scuff!" Jake smiled at the purple haired boy, and unlaced our fingers to wave him over. 'Scuff' sat next to me, and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
"Uh— hello? I'm Colby." I gave the boy a look.
"Your cute. My names Scuff." The Boy nodded and gave me his hand to shake. I took the offer, and looked at Jake, who just chuckled at me.

This man I just met called me cute. Was he hitting on me, or was he just being sweet?
"Yeah, he is cute, he's also taken." Jake wrapped his arm around my neck.
"He is?" Everyone in the room asked
"I am?" I asked. We were all confused, except for Jake.
"You guys seriously didn't know we were dating!?" Jake asked in a hurt tone.
"Uhhh... not to 'burst your bubble' or anything Jake, but uhmmm.... I think that was a dream? I don't recall dating you." I chuckled awkwardly.
"I was joking! He's totally single, scuff. But I'm not too sure he'd want a guy like you. Plus, I'm not too sure he'd want a guy at all." Jake shrugged, his hand still on my shoulder.

"Well..." I smiled.
"What?" Sam asked me.
"I've given it some thought... and, well... I think I might be bisexual?" I looked at Sam.
"I'm so proud of you, Colby!" My childhood best friend stood up, with his arms open, offering a hug, which I gladly accepted.

I ended up giving everyone a hug, even Johnnie and scuff, even though I just met them.
"I'm so proud of you." Jake smiled at me, interlacing our hands, and pushed our foreheads together.

"Your gay for Jake?" Corey asked in a joking tone.
"What? No! We're friends!" I quickly pulled away from Jake, and went to my defence.
"Mhmmm." Corey rolled his eyes.
"It's true!" I yelled.
Everyone laughed at me, even Jake.

"You don't like me, right?" Jake asked me. He really didn't like me? I kinda hoped he did. Not that I like him or anything, I just... I don't know.
"No, Jake. I don't have a crush on you." I said in a clear tone. I lied. I had a crush on the boy.

Jake's pov

"You don't like me, right?" I asked Colby. I was really hoping he'd stutter, or blush, or even come clean, but nothing. Absolutely nothing.
"No, Jake. I don't have a crush on you." Colby said in a clear tone. A tone clear as day. It hurt me to know he didn't feel the same. Maybe he liked scuff.. or Johnnie even. I don't know what went on with them when I was alone in my room. I just hope he lies me...

TYSM FOR READING!!!

.