chapter 1 - meeting

Dylan

All I had to do was knock on the door. Somehow I was scared. The combination of fear and excitement. Fear of not knowing what this new job will bring me, how it will change my life, and, excitement of predicting how dangerous it can get. I took a deep breath and knocked.

My fear hit me once again when I saw the person who answered the door. He was a really big man. Very big. Me after 6 years in the gym big. He looked at me and stated "Dylan." His voice matched his body. Even if I was not Dylan, he would make me believe that my name was Dylan.

I nodded. The house he invited me into is one of the biggest houses I've ever seen. He walked before me and said "Follow me"

We entered the living room "I am Jason" he said. "And this is Sam." I turned around and saw the other man who had come in.

He was closer to my age than Jason was. He looked like he was 25,26 maybe. He had dark hair, blue-green eyes. I noticed the depth color of his eyes because his eyes were fixed on me. Imagining ways to murder me. He gave some paper to Jason and left. Jason continued,

"He is always tense. Sam and I are the only people that you need to talk to in this house. You won't talk to the boss at all. Whatever you want to say, you say it to me. I will be sure with my life that he will hear whatever you want to say to him. Your job is not something to be scared of. You will take care of her. No questions asked. You will go with her wherever she wants to go. But never speak a word to her. Because you will want to. She is the sweetest person. No matter what she says, do not speak with her. Understand?"

I knew what he meant by "her". When I heard about this job from my uncle, he said that it will be about guarding a mafia princess. He also added that I should not use the term mafia.

I nodded again. I could not speak due to the tense environment. I kept reminding myself "You need this. Just for a few months"

Jason told me that I could wait in the living room until she woke up. An hour later, I heard someone walking down the stairs. As I stood up, I tried to think of a way to introduce myself without saying a word!

Without noticing that I was directly opposite her, she headed straight to the kitchen. I was surprised. When I heard that my job was to care for a mafia princess, I never imagined it would be someone my age.

She had long brown hair, the longest brown hair. That is one of the first things that you notice about her. She was singing. She was very cheerful for someone who had just woken up. Then she saw me. I was more nervous than when I first met Jason.

"You must be Dylan!" Her voice matched the first impression as well. If I wasn't Dylan, I would want to be. She ran to me and hugged me. I just stood there.

"I'm sorry. I'm a hugger. Jason is trying to make me stop. But between you and me he likes it."

Jason was right. It was challenging not to talk to her. She was one of those people you want to share your life story with when you meet her. But I couldn't say anything.

She was looking at me slightly smiling then yelled "Jason he is cool! That's enough."

Then Jason came in with a huge smile on his face. He put his arm around my neck "I already knew it! This guy has it. Relax now. You already are my favorite."

Suddenly he was not the guy that intense guy that answered the door.

"Of course talk to her. If you can, try to see what she is thinking. That sneaky girl knows how to handle even me now. I am too old for this shit. I trust you. And you don't want to let me down." The tone of that last time matched the guy that answered the door.