chapter 13 - channels

When I came back to the room Vince was pouring his second glass of whisky He was with the devil, so I was not surprised.

"Tell me," I said.

"Well I'm here to tell but you don't stay in the room," he said angrily. He wanted a reason to be mad, to take it all out. I could be punching back if it's what he needed.

"I'm here now. Just tell me."

"Well, the mother is being a mother."

"Good start. I need a little more than that though."

"It is really the same stuff. Things about the company, my dad, and of course you. Now she thinks that you control me. She clearly wants to be the only one who does that. Today I could not handle her. So I'm here." he said.

"I needed to be with the angel after the devil," he added as he pulled me closer to him. His perfume was all over me now. Then suddenly he pushed me away.

"Where were you going by the way?" he questioned.

"I was at Dylan's," I said smiling as I started to pour my whisky.

"What do you mean?" he asked and took the glass away from me.

"Well, we were talking about how long it had been since I was at a crowded table and his parents apparently called him for dinner so he asked me if I wanted to go with him."

"Hmm," he said. His eyes were flashing with hundreds of ways to kill. "So you missed a family dinner," he said. So freaking sad.

"Don't get me wrong. Yes, we always have dinner on the table, and I love how careful you are with this. It is always small portions of food that will only fill us up, you know. Not like big thanksgiving tables that there is enough food for 40 and there are only 10 people, you know. That air traffic of plates. And at night you sneak out to the kitchen for the leftovers. That kind of table was something that I missed." I said.

"Noted," he said smiling, sat down on the couch.

We were going through the channels to find something to watch. Then he came across this sex scene from a movie, and the minute he saw it, he reacted like a father with a little girl and changed the channel in panic.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked smiling.

"What?" he looked confused.

"You changed the channel faster than the Flash."

"No, I did not."

"Yes, you did. You know I know sex right? Or you are getting ready to make a speech about where babies are coming from." I said because I was slightly mad.

"What do you mean you know sex?" he asked, matching my slightly mad tone.

"You focused on that part?"

"Yeah. Enlighten me, please. Have you, you know? Did you? I mean - when?"

"I won't answer until you give me a full sentence."

"Have you done it?" He managed to spill. I was still looking at him to use it in a sentence. "C'mon just answer already."

"Well, I had boyfriends before I dropped out of college, as well as in high school," I said. With a disgusted look as he covered his eyes with his hand.

"Please stop!" then he covered his ears.

I got mad at his reaction. He was sitting on the couch. I grabbed his hands and tried to take them away so he could hear me. It was not working. I climbed on him. He stopped singing in shock. His hands were still covering his ears. Now his ocean blue eyes were focused on my eyes.