chapter 9 - the story of everything

I woke up to this beautiful morning. Perks of living with Vince, waking up to this beautiful lake view. My family and I have been coming here for 10 years, and I always feel blessed.

That was the first feeling that I had every morning. Then comes the sadness. The idea of Vince never being able to feel blessed makes me upset.

It's not that he doesn't appreciate what he has. However, I believe his mind is never clear enough to just look outside for a minute without thinking about anything else and take a deep breath to feel blessed.

That was my second feeling. Then I ran to breakfast and stress eating. That was my morning routine. Today there was a third feeling. Excitement about Sam. Having him and Vince go back to what they were, and a different type of feeling when I remember his breath on my neck. It was like somebody has my heart in their hand and squeeze it for fun. But luckily eating was also a solution to this.

I heard the guys as I ran to the kitchen. Jason laughed Jamie said, "You finally got some!" His line was the last thing that anyone said before I walked into the kitchen. I looked in Jamie's direction, assuming that he was talking with Dylan. My face turned numb when I saw him talking to Sam.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, hoping to hear more. "Janine" Jamie said smiling "He had a girl up here yesterday, we had a chance to meet her in the morning," he said.

Yesterday? When he was hugging me. Yesterday? My mind was going crazy out of embarrassment. I forced him to hug me. He had a girl upstairs. I'm gonna throw up.

Then I realized I'm in this room with people who have known me since I was 10, and people who I have lived with for 10 years. I can't hide anything from them. "I'm gonna throw up," I said.

"We can tell. What's wrong?" Jason asked. "I drank way too much last night," I replied. It was the best way to go with. Jason said "Let's make the cure then" with a huge smile.

Jason's and Maya's famous hangover cure. He never gets drunk and loves to sober drunk people. That cure saved too many lives.

"No," I said. Then I realized my voice was high. "I will find Dylan and we will go out. I will be okay. Where is Vince?" I said.

"Still sleeping," Maya said. I left the kitchen to go to Vince's room. When I knocked on the door, he yelled "No!" and of course, I walked in. He was sleeping as if he was one minute away from dying.

I laughed so hard. "What happened to mister let me know if you throw up. You are worse than me!"

He covered my mouth. "Ssh, you are yelling!"

I yelled "What?! I cannot hear you." He turned his back. "I'm taking Dylan today just so you know."

His answer was snoring.

Dylan

She was a little bit down today. I was the silent one. Her duty was to make this car ride sweeter."Is this your new trick?" I asked. She gave me her 'what the fuck are you talking about' look.

"You are very quiet that it will make me talk." she gave me a forced smile and then said "If it is working then yes if it is not then no," she said.

We spent the entire day together. We went to eat and she bought a few things for the home. Later Adelina came. I didn't know what happened when I walked to the rest room but as I was walking back Adelina said "Coming." I acted like I did not hear it.

When we were ordering Adelina was smiling about our waiter's name. His name was Sam. So I had some ideas about it. When we were driving home her phone rang. "What? Why?" she said.