𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟎𝟒-𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

[Chapter Four-End of the Hicks Family]¡!

'*•.¸ ¸.•*'

JUDY WAS ON THE PHONE, standing in the kitchen at the island, making a sushi order as she wrote something down on the paper. As she hung up, she heard a door open.

"Is that you, kids?" She called out, only to not get a response. She cautiously grabbed a knife from the knife holder, preparing herself for an attack.

She slowly walked to the porch, seeing the door was open, but nobody was there. She slowly approached the door, as she looked out, seeing nobody was outside as she closed the door. She turned around and was about to walk back in the house, only for her two younger kids to show up, as she gasped at their sudden appearance, while they were frightened by the sight of the knife in her hand.

She put the knife down, as she awkwardly smiled at them, holding her chest. Florence and Wes smiled at her as they both turned around and were walking back in the house, as their mom followed after them.

"Are you both being safe out there?" She asked them.

They both scoffed at her question. "To the point where all of our friends mock us, yes." Wes said as he and Florence pulled out their pepper spray and tasers as they both walked into the house.

"Good kids." She sighed as she walked into the kitchen.

"What's for dinner?" Wes asked.

"Sushi. I was just to leaving to pick it up." She told them, as she grabbed her purse.

"Oh. Why don't you just Postmates it?" Florence asked.

"Oh, it gets all smooshy by the time it's here. I know how much you two hate that." Judy said, making Wes and Florence chuckle.

"Wes, go take a shower and Florence go study. I'll be back soon." She told them.

"Okay."

"Will do."

"Also, could you put this away for me?" She saw, as she pointed the knife towards them.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." Wes said as took the knife from her, she pecked a kiss on his cheek and pecked a kiss on Florence's forehead before she walked outside the door.

"Love you." She said to them.

"Love you." They both answered in sync.

"Lock the door." She told them.

"We will." As she left, Florence immediately locked the door, just slightly faster before Wes.

"Too slow!" She said to him as she patted him on the shoulder before going upstairs to her room to study.

Wes sighed as he walked to the bathroom to shower. Florence put her phone on her nightstand as she plugged it up to the charger, as she turned on her speaker, playing music.

She turned it up pretty loudly, as she sat down, and began studying.

'*•.¸ ¸.•*'