Seks

That night, as Freya tried to sleep, she heard noises coming from below their quarters. Yelling, it sounded like. She slipped on her shoes and ran towards where the noise was coming from. It directed her towards the treasure vault.

She walked through the open doors and found Loki with the Allfather. They still didn't know she was here. "Am I cursed?" Loki asked his father. The Allfather responded, "No. You are my son." Loki turned around and he was...blue. "What more than that?" He hissed. The Allfather didn't say anything.

"The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" Loki asked warningly. Freya ducked behind a pillar, eavesdropping. Loki stepped closer to the Allfather, who said back, "No. In the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son."

Loki paused for a moment, taking this in. His chest heaved as he replied, "Laufey's son." The Allfather nodded. Loki swallowed a lump in his throat and asked, "Why? Why did you take me?" When the Allfather didn't respond, Loki shouted, "Tell me!!" Once again the Allfather said nothing. "You could have taken anything, but you chose me!"

"Loki--"

"Wh-why didn't you tell me? Because I am the monster parents tell their children about at night?"

At this point, Freya ran out from her hiding place. Loki's eyes widened in horror as he saw her run beside the Allfather. "What are you doing here, my Valkyrie?" He asked, running to her. Quick, think of a lie! Unfortunately nothing but the truth came out. "I--I heard yelling. You're my charge, I had to make sure you were alright."

"I'm fine," Loki spat venomously at the Allfather more than her. He left, and the Allfather gestured for her to follow. Though, that seemed like it was the least smart thing to do.

Freya cleared her throat, announcing her presence. Loki turned his head and nodded. When they reached their quarters, Freya said delicately, "If you want me to leave, I'll leave." Loki swallowed and asked, "Be honest. How much did you hear?" Freya contemplated for a moment before responding, "All of it. I'm sorry for eavesdropping, I truly wanted to make sure you were okay."

"And I am."

Are you really? Freya began to walk back to her bed before Loki's hand wrapped around her wrist. "Yes, Loki?" She asked. "Can we go to the library? I need to take my mind off of...that."

"Of course."

Loki led her down to the library, which thankfully was a much closer walk than it had been originally. Loki lit a few extra candles and Freya got another book. They went together to his reading nook, Freya stretched out on a chaise lounge. She could feel his eyes on her every now and then. Her eyes began to sag, but Freya forced them open. She thought, Maybe if I just rest my eyes...

*************

Freya woke up the next morning in her own bed. How had she gotten there? She sat upright and found Loki getting dressed, just in boxers. Freya squeaked in surprise and that, in turn, alerted Loki to her. "What's the matter, my Valkyrie?" He asked still shirtless. Freya turned a hundred shades of red before responding, "You surprised me. You're shirtless."

Loki blushed too before saying, "Ah yes, I'm afraid you caught me getting ready." Freya nodded her head and closed her eyes. "Freya, my dear, you don't have to close your eyes." My dear. She kept her eyes shut and felt Loki coming to her. "I'm done, now, if you wish to open your eyes." Freya opened one eye, then the next. Loki was indeed not shirtless.

"Loki?" Freya asked as they read in their quarters. Loki put his book down and raised an eyebrow. "How did I get back here last night? Did you carry me?" Loki bit his lip and replied, "I did. You were fast asleep, and I did not wish to wake you." Freya nodded and she began to grow hungry. "If you don't mind, I'm going to get some food. Want me to bring back anything?" She knew that they both hadn't eaten breakfast, and she thought Loki wouldn't be wanting to see the Allfather.

"You may if you wish."

Freya left, shutting the door behind her. She knew how important privacy was to her Prince. Upon walking down, she was met with the Allmother. "Good afternoon, Your Majesty," Freya curtseyed, keeping with proper respect. "Good afternoon, my dear. Come to get some lunch?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'm bringing Lo--His Royal Highness some as well."

The Allmother nodded and smiled. Freya scooped some food into a bowl and put a cloth over it. Wasting no time, Freya walked quickly back to their quarters.

Loki was sitting on the terrace, reading. She could clearly see that his interest in the book was waning, he was distracted. Freya was scared to ask what was wrong, but he was her charge. She was to protect and serve him. She placed the bowl on the table and coughed quietly, startling Loki. "Oh, it's you."

"Yes, my Prince. I wanted to make sure you were alright?"

Loki paused and then said, "Yes." Freya knew as well as he did that it was a lie. "Well, I just wanted to make sure. You can talk to me if you need to anytime." Loki nodded as he slowly ate. Freya felt frustrated: All she wanted was for Loki to be okay, but she couldn't push.