Femten

Loki looked up to the sky, holding Freya. "Heimdall, you know what to do," he shouted. Nothing happened. "Loki--"

"No, no, hold on. He--he just might be looking somewhere else?"

Loki's tone was desperate. What he feared the most was happening now. "Heimdall please! I know you can hear me!" Instead of the Bifrost summoning, a raven came swooping down with parchment in its beak. "S-shit," he muttered, opening the parchment. It read,

Loki,
You have disobeyed the express command of your king. You have given the Valkyrie you care so much for her memories back. Therefore, I cast you out. Do not try to summon the Bifrost, it will not work.
Odin Allfather

His eyes widened as he ripped up the parchment. "Loki?" Freya asked. "I--I'm banished. I'm gone, I don't--"

"Brother. I know a place we can stay."

************

They walked along the dusty main road to a modern circular building. "Does nobody live here?" Loki asked. He put up one finger and then smiled as two women came in. Their names were Darcy Lewis and Jane Foster. A man followed them, Dr. Erik Selvig. "My friends, this is my brother and his...girlfriend," Thor smiled.

"Thor...you have a brother? Damn he's fine."

"Darcy," Thor scolded her. Loki smirked and said, "I will take that as a compliment, Lady Darcy." Darcy looked over and saw Freya. "Is that your girlfriend? She's pretty good lookin'," she added. Freya blushed and quietly said, "Thank you, Lady Darcy."

"Just call me Darcy. And that's Jane."

The woman named Jane looked over and gave a quick wave, reading over some papers. Loki approached her and briefly glanced at the papers. They were documenting a scientific anomaly. "I can help with this," he said matter of factly.

"What? You can help? I've been trying for ages to figure this out."

Loki nodded regally as Jane pulled another chair for him to sit. They pored over the documents while Freya became better acquaintances with Darcy. She seemed fascinated at the fact that she was a Valkyrie, and Asgard was really real.

That night, Loki sat beside Freya on Jane's couch. "So we can't go back to Asgard?" Freya whispered. Loki clenched his jaw. "Not unless Odin allows it. And I doubt he will easily."

"Damn it."

Loki picked up his Valkyrie and carried her to a small bed in the corner. Thor was in the other room, and Jane was sleeping upstairs. He wrapped his body around her and Freya felt him trembling. "Loki?" She turned in his grip and saw tears running down his face.

"I'm...I'm fine, Freya."

"No you're not, love. What's the matter?"

Loki hesitated. "I just thought...I really thought I had lost you. Forever," he whispered. Freya kissed him softly. "If you had lost me, I would have been with you forever. In your heart."

"I don't have a heart, Freya. At least to most I don't."

"Well you do to me. And I know that you would never fall in love again until you would find me."

"You know me too well, sweet Valkyrie," Loki smiled. "I hope your mother opens the Bifrost to us. She's the only one who actually likes us together, apart from Thor."

"She would, but Odin would not let her."

"You know, for a husband, he seems to treat her like shit sometimes."

"Which I would never do," Loki added. Freya smirked. "Are you suggesting something, my Prince?" Loki flushed and said quickly, "No--I mean yes--I mean, shit. I don't know." Freya kissed his panic away and said, "I would be with you if you said yes."

"And I would too."