Fjorten

Loki stared at Odin in disbelief. "What did you do?!" He yelled. "What she asked. She merely wanted to have her wings clipped so I--"

"She didn't want to, Odin! You gave her the worst ultimatum in the Nine Realms and she was forced to decide!"

"She was forced to do nothing! She made that decision, Loki!"

Loki swallowed back a lump in his throat and stormed off as tears came to his eyes. He went into his quarters and stared at Freya's old bed. He grabbed some blankets from the bed and hugged them tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

On Midgard, Freya crashed down into a field. Her wings disappeared as soon as she landed and she had no memories of Asgard. No memories of Loki. She walked, covered in dust, to the nearest town. Puente Antiguo, New Mexico. She walked to a building, a diner.

The diner was called Izzy's, and she walked inside. There were many people eating and she took a seat at a table. A waitress came and handed her a menu, and she added, "I'll be right back to take your order, sugar." Freya nodded and took a look around. An interesting place, this was.

Freya ended up ordering a coffee and some pancakes, whatever those were. Izzy came over and said, "You're new, aren't you?"

Freya nodded.

"Where ya from?"

Colorado. Say Colorado, a tiny voice in her head said. "Uh, Colorado." Izzy nodded and put the bill on the table. "Whenever you're ready, sweetheart." She looked at the bill with curiosity and then realized she didn't have any money. "Izzy?" The aforementioned woman came over. "I don't have any money...I can't pay for this."

"Well, if you want, I can just give you it on the house. Next time you can pay me back."

"Alright. Thank you."

She finished up her meal and left. What a curious place Midgard was. She walked towards the center of town and found a brunette woman talking to a hulky blonde man. She walked past them and heard the blonde man yell, "FREYA!"

"I beg your pardon?"

The man looked at her sadly. "You've--you've had your wings clipped," he stated. "Wings? A human having wings?" She scoffed. The man swallowed a lump back in his throat. "Dear Freya, I am Thor. God of Thunder, Asgardian prince?" His tone was hopeful, desperate even. Freya frowned and shrugged. "I am sorry, Thor. If that is what you call yourself, I don't remember." He walked away, almost crying.

**************************************

Back on Asgard, Loki was riding to the Bifrost. He was getting his Valkyrie back, no matter what Odin said. He arrived at the Observatory and got off his horse. "Your Highness," Heimdall said. "Heimdall, I need you to open the Bifrost to Midgard."

"In doing so, I would be defying my king's orders. That being said, I miss her as much as you do. She was your Valkyrie. Bring her back."

Loki nodded and as he was sucked into the Bifrost said, "I'll do whatever I can."

He landed on Midgard--exactly where Freya was. She jumped back and screamed at the rainbow light coming down. "Freya!" Loki shouted. "How--how do you know my name?" She said uncertain. "I--you are never going to believe me but hear me out okay?"

"Alright..."

"You are a Valkyrie, an elite woman warrior sworn to defend the throne of Asgard. Your name is Freya, and you were in love with me, Loki, the God of Mischief. My father, the Allfather Odin, hated us being together and so he had you banished to Midgard."

Freya widened her eyes. "You are so full of--" Loki put his hands on her temples and a green light flowed from his fingers. "If you won't believe me, then I'll show you."

Loki bolted upright. He was having another nightmare. Freya was awake, she was reading. "Loki?" She asked. "Freya--Freya, I'm fine. Go back to sleep." Freya shook her head and sat on the bed next to him. "You're not fine. What happened, love?"
"Another nightmare. This one was worse than the past ones I've been having."
"Want me to stay here?"
"Please."

Loki watched as Freya was gifted her armor, her sword, and her reaping mare. "Do you swear to not have relations to our royal household?" Odin asked. "I--I swear." Odin tilted his head upright. "Then I proclaim you Valkyrie." He handed her the chestnut reaping mare, and Loki turned pink. He was jealous that she would never be with him, he had admired her from afar. 

"Prince Loki, you really shouldn't be watching me!" A young Freya squealed from her flying practice. "Don't worry! We won't get caught!" He shouted back. Freya giggled and then lost her concentration. She fell, screaming for her mother. No one answered, and immediately Loki came to her aid. "Hey, look at me! You're not hurt, are you?"
"No, I don't think so. Where's my mum?"
"She's...somewhere. Come on, I'll get you to the healers."

Freya gasped and nearly fell. "What--what happened? Loki?" She cried. Loki held her in his arms and whispered, "It's alright. I'm here, my love, I'm here." She began to sob in his chest and he kissed her gently and repeatedly. "I'm not leaving you, I promise."

"But, Asgard--"

"Screw that. If living on Asgard means I'll have to live without you, then I'm perfectly content on Midgard."

The blonde man from earlier, Thor came running. "Brother, I--did you use a memory spell on her?" He asked. "I had to. Freya, darling, do you remember him?" He pointed to Thor. She nodded through tears and gave him a hug. "Norns, this would have never happened if I had just been a good little Valkyrie."

"Love, I know that you're different. And look at me, I'm no innocent, perfect Prince."

She giggled at that. "How did Odin let you come?" Freya asked. "About that...I snuck out of Asgard. Heimdall knows, but nobody else does."

"Loki. You could be banished for this."

"Like I said, I'd be perfectly content on Midgard with you."

"He'll lock us in the dungeons."

"I don't care what Odin does. As long as I'm with you, I've got a smile on my face."