Atten

Binx was a handful to say the least. Loki huffed and picked him up with one hand, placing him in a small fenced area. "Norns, I feel like I have a child!" Freya smirked. "Well, he is a baby," she replied. "Please, for the sake of my sanity, don't buy another one of those," Loki replied.

"Yep. Something tells me that like you, he doesn't play well with others."

"Hey!" Loki frowned, offended. Freya stuck out her tongue. Loki looked to the floor as he murmured, "It doesn't help when you're right, either." Thor smiled as he played with the small kitten, getting a few nips in the process. Darcy came into the room and squealed. "He is the most adorable little creature I've ever seen!! You have to let me cat sit him Freya," she cuddled Binx.

"Well I don't know when you would have to cat sit, but yes."

Loki glanced at Freya and motioned her to follow him to the roof of the house. "What is it?" She asked him as they sat down on chaise lounge chairs. "Jane and I...we've been discussing on how we can go back. Thor, me and you. All of us."

"Maybe I don't want to go back. You know how they treated us, Loki!"

"I have to see my mother, Freya. And I'm sure your family misses--"

"My family doesn't give a damn about me. They were the ones who ratted us out!"

"Freya, don't--"

"I'm sure they'd rather have me dead. I think we both can agree on that."

Angry tears rolled down Loki's cheeks. "I'm doing this for you! So you can feel happy--"

"Loki, I was never happy on Asgard! I was always being told what I could do, what I couldn't do, and you know damn well about that!"

She was right and he knew it. Loki climbed down from the roof and left Freya alone. She sat up there for an hour before she decided that she was getting annoyed with his petty self.

She stormed in the front door and found Loki slouching on the sofa. "What the hell was that?" She asked, not aggressively. "I figured you wanted some time alone."

"You could have at least said bye."

Loki looked to the floor. Freya tilted his chin upwards, so that he was looking into her eyes. "Please, I'm sure that I was being a bitch, but please don't make me go back there." She looked into his green eyes concerned. "I know that now. I'm sorry that I was trying to make you--"

"I know you meant well by it. But I'm much happier on Midgard, as I'm sure you are."

Loki caressed her cheek with his hand as he pressed his lips to hers. They broke the kiss after a moment and Loki whispered, "Never forget how much I love you."

"Always."

Jane stepped into the room and told the two, "Hey. I heard the...argument up there. Do you want us to give you a night alone? Like to patch things up?" Freya's face perked up. "I don't know. What do you think, Loki?" Loki smiled and replied to Jane, "I think that would be perfect."

That night, Jane watched Binx while Freya and Loki went out. They stopped outside of the house. "What do you want to do first, darling?" He asked. "I want to go to Izzy's, now that Jane gave me some money--"

"Ah, you won't be paying. Darcy was so kind as to give me, I believe the name is, a credit card."

Freya smiled and they walked together to Izzy's. As soon as they sat down, Izzy came and smiled at Freya. "Awh, sweetie. Did you get a boyfriend?" Freya nodded and Loki added, "We've been together for a bit, I'm just a bit shy." Izzy smiled and she took their orders--both ended up ordering pancakes.

Izzy allowed it to be on the house, which the couple gratefully accepted. They walked down the road, to the nicest hotel in town. It was small but it was nice at the same time. Loki checked himself and Freya in, and requested a quiet room. They were shown to a cozy room, perfect for two people wanting a nice and quiet stay.

Freya stood out on the balcony, watching the sunset. Loki followed after her and he asked, "Do you want to want to see something cool?" Freya nodded, and in the next moment, small snowflakes were falling down over her and only her. She smiled as Loki turned pink. "Perks of having Jotun blood," he whispered to only her.

They crawled into bed together, Loki wrapped tight around his Valkyrie. Freya's eyes shut and she didn't move and ounce more, scared of disturbing Loki.

The next morning, Freya woke alone in bed. "Loki?" She groaned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Loki, with sopping black hair, stepped out of the bathroom. "Sorry, love. Had to take a shower, the one at Jane's doesn't really have severely cold water. Just lukewarm."

"Is that because you're Jotun?"

Loki nodded. Freya checked the temperature on the mercury gauge in the room. "This must be Hel for you then. If you ever want to change into your other form but want to be secretive--"

"You'd hide me?"

"Of course. We could go up on the roof."

"And I could start ravishing you," Loki teased, tickling Freya's sides. "Shh! Don't say that!" She laughed. Loki peppered kisses all over her face and neck until they were both tired out. "Want to grab breakfast at Izzy's?" He asked.

"Maybe just the hotel breakfast will do. Despite what one may think, one cannot live off of just pancakes."

Loki had the most put upon eye roll. Freya brushed her teeth and they went out to the lobby area where breakfast was being served.

The two walked back to the house where they found a familiar pattern. "Huh--" As soon as Loki was confused, Jane came running. "Loki! Finally, you came back."

"What is the issue, Lady Jane?"

"Thor. He was summoned back to Asgard, and you were as well."

Loki's eyes widened. "Hold on tightly," he whispered. Freya held onto his side tightly and she closed her eyes. "Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!"