Seksten

As the night passed, Freya couldn't sleep. She kept tossing and turning, and prayed she wouldn't wake Loki.

She was wrong.

At some point, Loki groaned and sat up. "I'm so sorry, darling. I didn't mean to wake you--"

"It's okay. What's going on, love?"

"I just...I can't stop thinking of Asgard. I can't stop thinking of...of us."

"Well if it's any consolation, I can never stop thinking about you," Loki said, brushing her cheek with his thumb. Freya snuggled into his chest and she placed a warm hand on his shoulder. Loki pulled her in tightly and wrapped his arm around her waist. He kissed the top of her head and whispered, "Goodnight my Valkyrie."

The next morning, Loki was face down on the pillow, snoring softly. Freya sat up and patted his back. Loki slowly woke up, brushing his raven hair out of his face. He kissed Freya on the forehead and whispered, "Good morning, my love."

"Good morning, my Prince."

Jane was in the small kitchen, giving her supply of Pop-Tarts to Thor and cooking pancakes at the same time. She yelled from the kitchen, "Soup's on!" Darcy, Thor and Loki, along with Freya in tow came running into the kitchen. "You first, Freya," Thor graciously offered. "Are you sure? I'd be more than willing to let you guys go--"

"Freya," Thor smiled, "you can go first." Freya smiled and got her pancakes, drizzling maple syrup on them. Jane offered a few slices of butter, but Freya politely declined. Loki sat down next to her with his own stack, and Thor sat next to Jane on the other side. Darcy was in the middle.

"Loki, do you think you can help me later? I need some papers that I want triple checked," Jane asked. "Of course, Lady Jane. I'd be more than happy to."

"Thanks a ton, Loki. Since Erik flew back out to Norway, I don't exactly have another mind that works like mine."

Darcy rolled her eyes. "I'd help you, if you didn't yell at me all the time!" Jane smirked and she replied, "Darcy, I love you. But you have the brain of a squirrel and the sleep schedule of a bat."

"You got me there."

Loki and Freya both laughed. He turned to her and whispered so that only she could hear, "I finally feel wanted!" Freya kissed his cheek and replied, "I want you." Loki held her face in his hands and kissed her deeply on the lips.

They brushed their teeth and went back into the main living area. "Darling, I have to go and help Lady Jane, but I'll be back soon."

"Can you ask her if I can borrow like twenty bucks? I need to pay the lady at the diner back."

Loki nodded, and Jane graciously handed Freya the money. "Tell her I said hi," she told her. Freya walked into the diner and caught sight of Izzy. "Here. Since I didn't pay you last time," she said. Izzy thanked her and replied, "Come back in anytime, sweetie." Freya waved and added, "Jane says hi."

Freya walked back to the house after a while, and she walked into Loki with his head down on the desk, asleep. Jane whispered to her, "He's been like that for twenty minutes." Freya gestured for Jane to leave the room and she did so. Freya kissed Loki's temple and his eyes fluttered open. "Love? What's going--did I fall asleep?"

"Yes, darling. Jane saw you like that and she didn't want to wake you. You've been out for about twenty minutes."

Loki rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Ugh, I guess I got overworked." Freya kissed him once again and whispered, "Come on, go take a nap." Loki stumbled with Freya to the bed and she put a blanket over him. As she began to leave Loki grabbed her wrist gently. "Please. Don't go," he pleaded. Freya nodded and laid down with him. His arms wrapped around her waist and she felt his cool breath slow as he fell asleep.

The next day, Loki was looking at the newspaper. "Freya, dear?" She peeked her head around the corner. "Yes, Loki?"

"There's supposed to be a gorgeous sunset tonight. Would you like to come see it? With me?"

"I would love that, darling."