Elleve

Loki and Freya both backed up within inches of each other, their faces the color of cotton candy. "Did--did that really just happen?" She asked. Loki smiled just a tad and replied, "I believe it did, my Freya."

A somewhat uncomfortable silence followed. "Well, if it is okay with you, I'd care to do it again." Loki continued and gently kissed her again. Then Freya came to her senses. "Damn it! I--we can't. My mother, my sister--"

"Who cares about them? They can't touch you, not while I'm here."

Freya smiled sadly and curled up, her wings surrounding her body. Loki crawled to her front and separated the tip of her wings. "Please don't shut me out, love." Freya held tightly to his body and tucked her head under his neck. She felt Loki stroking, running his hands through her wings, and she very nearly fell asleep again.

She was quickly awake with Loki tapping her shoulder. "Mm?" She asked groggily. Loki snickered and replied, "You were falling asleep, my darling. Do you want to watch the sunset with me?" Freya smiled and held his hand as they went onto the terrace. She sat beside him, gazing at the amorphous blobs of color dashing across the cotton candy clouds.

When Freya had dozed off, Loki carried her inside. Her eyes fluttered open and she made a tiny noise. "Oh, my Freya. I didn't think you would wake up," Loki jested. "What's happening?"

"I'm just bringing you to bed. Nothing else, my Valkyrie."

She nodded drowsily and let him take her to her bed. But she wasn't satisfied. "Loki?" The green eyed god looked up. "Can I--can I sleep with you tonight?" He smiled and picked her up, laying her in his bed. He used magic to change her into a silky nightdress and pulled the covers over her. He pressed a soft kiss to her head and whispered, "Goodnight, my queen."

The next morning, Freya woke up to Loki wrapped around her as the big spoon. She squirmed, which only made him tighten his grip. He kissed her gently on the neck, making Freya giggle. "That's a new one," he muttered. "I make all sorts of sounds," she responded as quickly as he said.

"Oh really, love?"

"Shut up. I know what you were thinking."

Loki chuckled, and Freya blushed as she felt the low rumble of his chest against hers. "Do you still have your engagement to her?" She asked carefully. Loki paused and then responded, "No. I don't." He was awfully terse about it and then rose out of bed. "Did I say something?" Freya asked.

"No. I'm just not keen to speak of it right now."

"I understand," Freya said back. Loki froze. Someone understanding...him? Why, it was simply impossible! He turned and faced Freya who was just getting out of bed. Loki chose to change the subject. "Let's go down to breakfast, shall we?"

Loki took Freya downstairs and they sat by each other, as per usual. Lysa and Søren stared disgusted at her, and Freya attempted to ignore them. Loki placed a hand on hers. "Are you alright? Don't lie to me, darling."

"Y-yes. I'm fine."

Loki's expression softened. "Love, just tell me. I won't be mad or upset," he responded. Freya sighed. "Can we talk about it after breakfast?"

"Of course."

They finished eating and as Freya was heading up to Loki's study, where he spent most of his time, Lysa grabbed her wrist. "Lysa, what do you want?" She hissed. "I know about your little affair with the Prince. We both do."

"Have you not thought that you've told me this previously?"

"Alright, you smartass. I will tell Her Majesty Frigga about this, and you won't--"

"Lysa. Tell Mother that you can do this as much as you like, but don't forget that I am his personal Valkyrie."

Lysa was stunned by her sister's sudden change in demeanor. "Run along before I tell His Highness." Perhaps Freya was getting a bit bold, dare I say, overconfident, but she enjoyed it.

Freya ran to Loki's study and found him writing out decrees and treaties, etcetera. "Freya, my dear. Do you want to talk about--"

"No. I would not."

Loki didn't press and he stood from his leather chair. "Do you want to go for a walk in the gardens with me, my dear?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes I would."

A/n--Sorry for the huge wait on this! This chapter was really hard to write for no reason, lol, but it's finally here! Enjoy <3