Tolv

Loki took Freya out of the side entrance of the palace, dragging her into the gardens. "Close your eyes, love," he said with a smile in his tone. Freya shut her eyes and felt herself being sat down.

"You can open them now, darling."

Freya opened her eyes and found a beautiful, crystal clear pond with fish swimming in it, a waterfall crashing down into it. There were morning glory trellises and cobblestone pathways. There were also some flowers that Freya had never heard of, even though she was well versed with other Realms' treasures. "What are these?" She asked, touching a fragile petal.

"That's a tulip, my dear. They grow on Midgard."

"It's beautiful. I think it's my favorite."

"I thought it would be, darling Freya," he said, and Freya promptly turned into a puddle. Loki picked a tulip and stuck it in her hair. "Loki, why? You're going to kill it!"

"No I'm not. Watch," he said, taking the flower out of her hair. He used an enchantment and the flower looked even more lively than it had been. "What did you do?"

"I set an enchantment on it so that as long as you live, it'll live on as well."

Freya pressed her lips gently on Loki's cheek. "Hmm, that's odd," Loki said. "What? What is?"

"I seem to recall you saying something about your mother and sister finding out--"

"Oh shut up. I have no affections towards them."

Loki smirked and kissed Freya deeply upon her lips. "No affections? None at all?" He asked. "Absolutely none. Zip, zero, zilch, nada!"

"Then kiss me again."

Freya ended up in his lap and there was an impromptu make out session. Her wings emerged and shielded them. Loki ran his fingers through her feathers, kissing her on the neck. He began to bite down softly and Freya pulled away with a smirk. "They'll see. Not just my sister and mother, either."

"You know I can do illusions, right, darling?"

"Well, yes. But I'd think Odin would be more powerful than an illusion."

Loki smiled and put a finger to her lips. "You called him Odin. You're becoming more bold, love." Freya flushed and she let Loki leave love marks on her neck. "Loki~"

"Shh, darling. We can't be too loud."

She snickered and returned Loki's kisses to his collarbone. "Gods, love~" Freya put a finger to his thin, pink lips. "We can't be too loud," she mocked Loki's earlier words. He shook his head and pulled her in closer. Freya could feel him getting hard and that only made her tighten her grip on his lap. "My Prince," she whispered, "you had better calm down.."

"Well you're tempting me a bit too much, my Valkyrie."

She cupped his face with her hand and their lips came crashing together once more. Loki's tongue slipped in, and he tasted of mint and chocolate. ayo mint chocolate chip ice cream--

Freya let her guard down, and her wings folded in. "Don't do that," Loki whispered. "What?"

"Don't fold your wings in. They're beautiful and frankly, I like ruffling your feathers."

"Haha, good joke," Freya responded sarcastically. She opened her wings again and he ran his hands through them. "Happy, my Prince?" She asked. "Mm, very happy."

They met a bit later in the training arena. Freya took her Dragonfang out, and Loki drew a small sword. "And you're sure you want to do this?" Loki asked. "I'm sure as Hel." Loki nodded and flying into the air, Freya charged at Loki. The clash of metal was heard as Loki was knocked down multiple times. Then they were interrupted.

Søren came out into the training arena, and Freya fell from the shock. Loki caught her and set her down on the ground, momentarily scanning her for injuries. "Freya, the Allfather wishes to see you." Søren grabbed her daughter's hand and Freya looked back. Loki was more pale than she thought was possible. The Allfather was awake. Loki mouthed the words, I'm sorry. It was then Freya knew what was about to happen.

She was about to get her wings clipped.