Chapter 17

Author

Reader/or any other sans that may pop up

Ink

ErRoR

Abbreviations:

-Y/N= your name

-Y/H= your height

-F/C= favorite color

Ink's POV:

Where is Y/N? I think, jumping upon buildings after buildings, scanning through the streets for their Y/H tall figure.

"Dammit..." I mutter under my breath. I shouldn't be here otherwise I might get caught. A skeleton jumping on apartment buildings with a gigantic paintbrush isn't exactly the most common thing around on Earth. In fact, it's not exactly common anywhere, but whatever.

I land on my two feet on a random building, biting my nails.

"So..." I start thinking in my head.

Where the hell are they?

---a day ago---

"Y/N!!!" I exclaim, leaping up from Y/N's F/C rug. I wanted to surprise them, for no exact reason except the fact I wanted to annoy somebody.

I couldn't annoy Dream, he was too busy. I couldn't talk to Blue, since he was doing something with Swap!Chara at his world. I can't annoy Fell for obvious reasons, and Lust is out of the picture. I was going to bother Fresh, but I could never bother him. I'm probably going to be dragged into a party or something, and I'm not in the mood for that at the moment.

So, that left me with only one choice: Y/N.

I know that they don't really like me all that much, and their slipper is still a threat, but I was bored. Plus, I had nothing else to do other than explore worlds. I'll just run if anything goes wrong. After all, I got my trusty Broomie with me.

What a nice rug, I thought.

Then I felt like something was off. Something was missing.

Oh right. Y/N.

The lights were closed, and the door was locked. They either haven't come back yet, or they're sleeping.

I tiptoe to their bedroom, but then stopped halfway. What the hell am I doing approaching their room? Get a grip, Ink. Y/N still needs some privacy. What if they actually was sleeping in that room? That's kind of creepy, even if I need to see whether they're okay. I'll call them first.

I yank out my phone—something that I don't often use—and punched in Y/N's number.

My phone rang, but I heard nothing in Y/N's room. In fact, this whole house is dead-silent, with the exception of my phone ringing.

No answer.

Shouldn't Y/N be here?

At that moment, I was starting to get a little worried. Where are they? Earth is a pretty safe place, and I don't think Nightmare could get to them in this place. He doesn't even know where they live! Or does he...?

They're probably at work... I thought.

Yes. That must be it. Relief flooded me for a moment, but that moment was brief.

That can't be it either. Y/N should be home right now. It's four o'clock for gods sake. When do they get off from work? At two?

Ink. Listen. Y/N should be fine... They're probably somewhere for the night. No need to worry so much and find out that they're fine. Plus, Y/N might think I'm stalking them or something. Just check on them tomorrow to see whether they're fine.

That was a mistake. I should've went searching for Y/N immediately, because the next day...

They're not here. Nothing changed.

Everything was still in the same spot as before. The door was still locked. Most importantly, Y/N was still not home.

"Dammit," I mutter to myself.

I pace around the room, thinking. Y/N could be anywhere! They could be stabbed to death in a random alleyway and I wouldn't even know.

Think. Think.

I'll get the hell out of here first. Then, I'll try to figure where Y/N could be.

I teleport out of the building and onto a roof of another, because I figured that a skeleton jumping out of a building might get me caught.

"Okay, Ink. Y/N should be at Starbucks before they disappeared, because that's the only place that you know they should've gone to," I mutter to myself.

But what if Y/N was kidnapped before they even got to Starbucks? What if they went somewhere else before disappearing? What if—

"Wow, Ink. You're super cheerful today," I say, leaping onto buildings.

I get to the Starbucks I think Y/N works at. Then I look through the block that Y/N's Starbucks is at, hoping for any hints.

Nope. Nothing.

This brings us back to the beginning. I was already starting to panic, and I didn't know what to do. I've never felt this helpless before. This time, I didn't have any idea as to where Y/N is. Before when they went missing, I was informed by Classic. I have friends all around, but if Y/N gets into the wrong hands... Well, let's just say that I'll probably never hear from them ever again.

Where could they be? I think, jumping upon buildings after buildings, scanning through the streets for their Y/H tall figure.

"Dammit..." I mutter under my breath. I shouldn't be here otherwise I might get caught. A skeleton jumping on apartment buildings with a gigantic paintbrush isn't exactly the most common thing around on Earth. In fact, it's not exactly common anywhere, but whatever.

I land on my two feet on a random building, biting my nails. Y/N could be practically anywhere on this god dang world, and they might not even be on this world. There's billions of people on Earth alone. Where am I supposed to find Y/N? Even if they're here, I wouldn't be able to find them in the crowd.

"So..." I start thinking in my head.

Where the fuck is Y/N?

Y/N's POV:

I sneezed for some reason before I went out the door. It wasn't even dusty or anything.

Whelp, somebody's thinking about me.