Chapter 22

Author

Y/N and every other character

ErRoR

Ink

Abbreviations:

- Y/N = your name

Ink's POV:

Pacing around the room, I explain everything to Blue and Dream. The other Sans were listening in, but they're there as support, not so much as organize a plan.

"-so basically Y/N's gone, and could be dead for God's sake, and is in big danger. We need to find them before they die an unfortunate death," I sum everything up.

Earlier, everybody was chilling, some at their own universe, doing their own thing... Until I came in with the news that Y/N's gone. I had one job to take care of them, and I failed at it. Of course. Typical Ink.

Everybody then started to speak at once.

"This is a problem. If Y/N gets into my brother's hand-" Dream flinched as he said 'brother'—pretty sure he's still a bit sensitive about that, "Well, let's just say it's not going to be good."

"Just find the little shits and go fucking beat them up. It's not really that hard," Fell said, rolling his eyes.

Blue dismissed that idea, speaking in his loud tone, "ENSURING Y/N'S SAFETY IS MOST IMPORTANT. WHAT IF THEY'RE USING THEM AS HOSTAGE? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO THEN? I DECLARE THAT I, THE GREAT BLUE, WILL AIDE Y/N IN RUNNING ALONE."

"Blue, we can't just send you away like that," I interrupted, "But you have a point. We're supposed to be getting Y/N away from them, not put them in more danger.

Classic stood, his typical chill attitude gone, "We can't do nothing either. Y/N was like family, and we do not leave family, no matter what."

Dream, thinking, tapped his finger against the table, "I don't think we should interfere yet, considering how we don't have total evidence that Y/N's taken by Nightmare, but we'll definitely step in if needed. Even though I've only met Y/N for a while, and I know that some of you guys care about them a lot-" Dream took a breath, "I think that if they were in trouble, they'd get out of the situation somehow. Y/N looks pretty capable to me, and I don't think it's the best idea to barge in without a clear plan."

Silence followed, quiet whispers filling the room. I could tell that the others weren't very sure about this. However, even though I was pretty worried, I kind of agreed with Dream.

"I've also been with Y/N for a while, and I know that they're pretty, um..." I thought about the s l i p p e r, which made me cringe just slightly, "clever, to say the least."

Classic smiled a bit. "Sounds like Y/N, alright."

"If anything, if we come and get them if they're finally getting things under control or we fuck up whatever they were doing, they're probably going to beat our asses, so unless we got a plan that's going to work and is best, we're not going to do anything."

With just a bit of hesitation, Classic nodded, "I trust that kiddo. Sounds good to me."

Dream looked at the rest of the Sans, "You guys okay with that?"

They nodded.

"Matters closed for now then."

Error's POV:

I chew on a piece of chocolate when I saw Y/N walk out of their room. They seem pretty determined for an anomaly. 

I don't understand what's so good about anomalies. They're just wastes of space and are just bits of code. Why is Ink always so insistent of protecting these stupid things that have no value in life that shouldn't exist that should die and go rot in he-

Why didn't you kill them then?

Huh. Good question. Why didn't I add that stupid anomaly into my collection? Why didn't I kill them? Why did I leave them be? Just because Cross—another stupid anomaly—wanted them alive? Was I just curious why Ink...likes anomalies so much? That's not very smart. Not saying I'm dumb but...

I look up again, seeing that the anomaly (Y/N, was it?), was gone. They went to talk to Cross. 

I approach them slowly, wondering what they're so excited to talk about to Cross the moment they left the room. Cross never occurred to me as interesting to talk to. In fact, he's quite boring and doesn't talk much.

"-so basically, I need you to take me on a tour around this huge-ass place because I have no idea where everything is," the anomaly said.

"You do realize this place ain't a tourist attraction, right?" Cross asked, raising his eyebrow.

"C'mon," the anomaly whined, "I have nothing to do here anyways."

"Fine."

This is strange. Why does the anomaly look so... comfortable? We took them out of their world, and they looked like they were going to kill us in our sleep earlier, so what's this change in attitude? 

This all led to one single question.

What are they up to?