𝟕

Sighing while wiping his sweaty hands off of his pants, Rintarō stood in front of Y/n's door.

There was no reason for him to be this nervous, he had been over to her house countless times before.

Maybe those times were to hang out with Aran, in the living room to play video games, or in the backyard to practice with spiking or blocking, but that didn't matter.

Rin ran a hand through his hair before building up the courage to finally ring the doorbell after anxiously standing on the porch for over seven minutes.

"Coming!"

Rin heard a familiar voice yell from inside. His nervousness growing as the footsteps became louder, nearing the front door.

Who was he kidding? All those times he had been over were completely different from this time. This was the first time he came over to see her. He always hoped to catch a glimpse of her when he was over at their place for Aran, hoping she'd come down from her room to grab a glass of water so he could check her out.

Rin put his hands in pockets after awkwardly fidgeting with them, not knowing what to do. He took a step back after hearing the door unlock.

"Hey Rin! It's good to see you again, come in."

"Thank you ma'am." Rintarō politely bowed before entering the house.

"I'll call Y/n down for you." Y/n's mother kindly smiled at him before turning around to walk to the living room.

Rintarō bowed forward to untie his laces and take off his shoes before taking off his jacket to hang it onto the coat rack near the door. After doing so, he made his way to the living room as well, following behind Y/n's mother.

"Y/n, Rintarō's here!" She yelled in front of the staircase before walking back to the kitchen and continuing to chop vegetables.

"Tell him I'll be there in a few!" Rintarō heard Y/n yell from upstairs.

He made eye contact with Y/n's mom who playfully rolled her eyes as she chuckled.

"Why are you standing there like you've never been here before?" Y/n's mom asked, cocking up an eyebrow.

"Uh, I don't know..." Rin awkwardly chuckled, finding himself fidgeting with his hands again.

Yeah, why was he acting like he has never been here before?...

"While you wait on Y/n you can help me cutting these onions." She said as she turned around, to check the stove.

Rintarō amusingly shook his head before making his way to the sink to wash his hands.

"So, how's school?" Y/n's mom asked while she grabbed a knife and placed it on the cutting board for Rin to use.

"Uhhh-"

Not that great...

"It could be better..." Rin awkwardly chuckled as he started to trim the ends of the onion, cutting it in half right after.

Y/n's mom laughed at the face he made before speaking up. "Well, at least you now have Y/n to help you."

"Yeah..." Rin replied, beginning to slice the onion into wedges.

Rintarō and Y/n's mother made some smalltalk before they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Rin looked up to the sight of Y/n.

"Here I am." She grinned after jumping off the last step, twirling on her toes right after.

There she stood, in a pair of way too big grey sweatpants, a blue oversized T-shirt that most probably belonged to Aran, fluffy socks and her hair loose, framing her face beautifully.