Chapter 13

Matheus Cassius alacar

A/N: I could not find a great picture of Matheus so slight character change (please use your imagination for the golden eyes) thanks!

1 year later...

It has been a year since I've left alacar for eldenheim and as I thought, my former self was a shell compared to the strength i posses now. Over the course of a year Leona has taught me many things and pushed my limits in many ways and for that I was truly thankful. I had mastered multiple of my curses and although there were still quite a few that would need more time I knew I could get there eventually. Today was my last day with Leona and we were currently headed back to her families manor to meet my next instructor. I had the weekend to rest and now it was time for me to get back to my training; while Leona's speciality is tactics and adaptability, apparently my next instructor focused solely on sword and aura using technique and flexibility to adapt to any situation.
      I had no clue who my next instructor was but apparently it was someone Leona held in high esteem as she had been warning me this past week not to complain and to keep an open mind. I agreed but didn't make any promises as I know my frustration can get the best of me. We arrived at the manor and headed to the drawing room where I was greeted with a hug by Caroline. "Oh Matheus, its really nice to see you. it's been a while hasn't it?" I nodded returning the embrace before pulling back and sitting across from her. Sylph laid out on my shoulder yawning and I ignored her. Sylphs powers had also improved immensely and unfortunately Leona complimented her so much it went to her head making her smug.
        "Your instructor has asked that you meet him on the grounds you will be training with him on, if you fly on sylph you should be able to spot the red marked area around the clearing you will land on. There will also be a hut in this clearing, find it and you will find your instructor." Caroline states and I nod in acknowledgment. Before I could head out Caroline called out to me and I turned towards her. "Matheus, just be careful alright?" Instead of answering I grab my things and exit the manor securing it on sylph before taking off into the mid day warm air. It was a nice day today and while I was hoping my instructor didn't mind taking it easy on me today I had no expectations as the clear warnings from Leona and her mother had me on alert. The person already sounded like a lot to deal with and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it.

           We flew around a bit before finally finding the clearing and hut, sylph landed and I took our things off her back before she turned back into her small dragon form laying out on my shoulder huffing

           We flew around a bit before finally finding the clearing and hut, sylph landed and I took our things off her back before she turned back into her small dragon form laying out on my shoulder huffing. Truthfully, compared to when we first began our training I believe sylph seemed a lot bigger in her dragon form than normal. She had always been a massive dragon but it looked as if she was growing but she claimed she felt the same and did not think she grew but I beg to differ. We walked closer to the large red circle on the grass to see a red head man in a criss cross position floating a few inches above the grass. He was a burly scar covered man that was releasing his aura smoothly.

 He was a burly scar covered man that was releasing his aura smoothly