Chapter 2

Matheus (hades) alacar

After the disaster that was called breakfast I headed to my palace to relax in the hot spring hoping the warm water  would ease the stress I was feeling. After my mother dropped the news of me attending the academy with those arrogant royals they call 'princes'. She went on to add that the Duke of emergence kingdom will be sending his son which also happens to be a close cousin, to the academy. The Duke of Kaos city was sending his only child as well, his daughter. To say I was annoyed was an understatement.
     The four kingdoms of alacar all had different names and different responsibilities and each kingdom has one ducal house under their tutelage. The emergence kingdom, with it being the farthest is ruled by King Nolan Emery; The ducal house under him being Duke Zion alacar. The brazen sun kingdom which was the second farthest ruled by king sheen Beaufort and the ducal house under him being duke Greyson Yeager.
     The silver peak kingdom had king Solomon sola and the ducal house under him being duke axel pace. The closest kingdom to the empire was Kaos city kingdom which was ruled by king Kaiser Kraitos. The ducal house under him being duke Vincent hart. Because Duke axel pace and Duke Greyson Yeagers children were not of age and hasn't finished their studies their children won't be attending the academy this coming semester.
      My encounter with the kings heirs were few in number as the amount of arrogance and ignorance that spewed from one of their mouths when i attempted to speak to one was astounding. Not wanting their stupidity and ignorance to rub off on me, any chance I could get after that encounter I would disappear opening a portal to make my way back to my palace. Even after only ever speaking to one of them, witnessing their actions towards others was enough to cause me to avoid them all at events.
        Even if I didn't avoid people no noble would ever dare approach me without caution. Especially if they weren't a royal or even merely a viscount. Because of my latest deeds my reputation was lot worse than before, not that I had a problem with it. My aura didn't scream friendly and even if it did; I am the emperors son, crown prince of the alacar empire they were no where near my level. Mere nobles should know their place, they were like flys practically peasants compared to me and the 'princes' being a mere kings sons made no difference to me. As long as they stay out of my way then there will be no issues.
       After dressing myself; finished with my bath I headed to my room seeing my dragon sitting on my bed in her mini dragon form. One of the many good things about soul protectors is that they could change forms to whatever it's master desired. Sylph, however, is an exception. She does whatever she pleases as always which isn't surprising seeing as she is a dragon.
      Dragons are arrogant and extremely rare creatures that were believed to have been either extinct or in hiding until sylph appeared to me claiming there were a few left that were currently in hibernation. It's better that they stay that way as it could mean devastating destruction or a huge disaster if they were to be disturbed.
      A few sharp knocks took me out my wondering thoughts as I sat down on my bed. "Enter," I answered simply. Geoffrey walks in and bows uttering his greetings. "I am sorry to bother you at this time your highness but I was told to inform you that there will be a coming of age banquet held for the nobility this Saturday evening, your presence has been requested by his majesty the emperor." Coming of age means stepping out of child hood and becoming an adult. While turning sixteen is considered the age of a adult, it was seen as young adulthood and was not truly acknowledged with a banquet until the age of eighteen. While there are academies for minors there are three academies centered towards young adults.
At these academies you choose the course you would like to take and gain more knowledge in and after a few years you graduate from the academy having many opportunities in the field you studied for. There is no age limit for entering the academy; as long as you have completed your studies rather it be at a academy or with a scholar anyone was allowed to attend. Some attend the academy for knowledge while others attend hoping to become a knight or even a scholar. The options were endless.