Chapter 24

Matheus Cassius alacar

        I sat up quickly breathing heavily as I instantly regretted my sudden movement. I groaned holding my aching side, clearly I wasn't healed from the battle that took place. I wasn't sure how long I was out, but I felt oddly well rested even though my body was still in a lot of pain. I reached over grabbing the water that was sitting on my nightstand as i greedily drunk it all. My throat was extremely dry and I was extremely hungry, it felt as if I hadn't eaten in days. I laid back down closing my eyes as I remember the events that occurred not too long ago.

Flashback:

      Once I left the gods, I was sent back to present time as the attack boleros sent towards me barreled towards me quickly. I used quick step to move my father out of harms way. It felt as if my body was overflowing with energy and power as knowledge about my newfound powers continued to flow into my head at a rapid pace. I sat my father down making sure that he was far away as possible as I used quick step again to move towards boleros. "This will be my final attack, I will take your life just as I did your father and finally get my revenge on you pathetic humans" he spat out as he prepares another attack. "Summoning, gods dominion" I say as a large sphere enveloped me and boleros. "Your forcefield will not do you any justice, you cannot escape me!" He yelled and I smirked "don't worry, I wasn't trying to escape.
      You were dealing too much damage to my empire, I needed to trap you so that I can deal the finishing blow." I lifted my hands up to the sky as thunder and lightning began to strike all around us without piercing my dominion. Lightning began to collect in my hand creating a large bolt before I activated my newfound holy powers. Yellow light began to surround the lightning bolt making it even larger until it turned into a golden lightning spear. Boleros, if it were even possible, paled at the sight of my holy powers as his attack dissipated because of his loss of focus. "W-w-what is— how did you get that?" He asked and I chuckled loudly placing my finger to my lips. "It's a secret, you see I have to pay you back for the damage you have done to my empire, as well as what you did to my father." My expression turned cold as I stared at the pitiful dragon.
     "No, you must release me from here! Deactivate your powers now!" He yelled blasting the forcefield over and over but to no avail. This was my dominion, no one was allowed in or out without my permission. "Sacred holy weapon: Amethenas lightning spear!" I yelled out as I launched the spear at the dragon. He yelled in pain as the spear pierced his chest causing the evil power to seep out of him, a blinding light surrounded us, I covered my eyes until it died down. I looked back at boleros seeing he had shrunken a considerable amount and that eerie feeling I got was no longer present. The spear was still lodged in his chest as he roared angrily. "YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME, I AM THE KING OF ALL DRAGONS, I AM BOLEROS—" I cut him off by taking out my sword I used quick step to launch towards him as I sliced his thick head from his shoulders.
      I sheathed my sword as he his head fell onto the domain floor, his body began to turn into ashes as I released my domain. I had finally defeated boleros, and now to take care of the rest of the dragons. "Amethena, grant me your power so that I may slay my foes in your name. Swords of holy light: rain dance" I called out as thousands of swords made of light appeared in the air. I continued to make them until I reached my limit. I pushed my hand forward releasing them onto the dragons that littered the sky. The swords began raining down on the dragons killing them instantly as they turned to ash getting rid of all the remaining dragons the knights hadn't killed yet. Sylph flew towards me as I walked back to where my fathers body was laying.
      I pulled him into my arms as sylph approached turning back into her human form, a sad look gracing her face. "Master, I-" I shushed her as I attempted to use my healing power before the time I had left to use amethenas power ran out. I continued to pour my power into my father but to no avail. "FATHER! father please.. I'm here I made it...it's me, please open your eyes!" My voice barely a whisper at the end of my sentence. I put my head to my fathers heart but couldn't hear anything nor could I feel him breathing. Tears ran down my cheeks as I continued trying to pour my healing power into his cold lifeless body. Coralline and Zander approached me as I held my father. A pained look gracing their faces as Zander turned around, hiding his teary eyes. "Your highness, I don't think-" I cut her off. "SHUT THE HELL UP, HES GONNA WAKE UP HE....he has to.."
       My voice cracked as I yelled out, a cry I didn't know I could ever posses rang out of me as tears ran down my cheeks. Coralline pulled me into her as Zander took my fathers lifeless form from my arms. That was all I remembered before I succumbed to the darkness.