Season 1 Episode 13

Picture Day:

A Week Later

A Week Later

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

I turn off the stove, before I take two plates over the counter, then I turn back around, and grab the last plate, to place by the others.

I hear a door open, and I look up to see Mr. Turner, then I greet him with a smile. "What time did you get here? I was worried." Turner asks, as he walks up.
"Not too late." I lie, I only got in two hours ago, I washed up, and changed, then started cooking.
"So, Eggs, bacon, and toast. What's all this about?" He wonders, in disbelief.
"Well, I wanted to wake up early, but I got ready quicker than I thought I would. So, I thought, isn't this a perfect time to make some breakfast to say, 'thank you', for letting me stay here, while I'm apartment hunting." I answer, as Turner grabs a cup, from the cabinet, and pours himself some orange juice.

"It is hard to find a landlord, willing to lease to a teen, let alone an upcoming teen pop star." He sympathises, before taking a sip, from his cup, as I take off my apron, and head over to the coat closet, then Shawn walks out of his room.
"You look nice, picture day, right?" He tries to compliment, then I nod, as I grab my backpack, out of the closet, and put the apron in the laundry basket.

"You got a moment to talk?" He wonders, as I head to the front door, while putting on my backpack, then I stop in my tracks, and turn to him. "I wanna talk about Griff, he been like giving me the stink eye." Shawn confesses, and I run a hand, through my hair.
"Oh man, I guess I have a minute, but I have to go meet up with Frank, before school." I inform them, and I fix my hair, getting it out, from underneath my backpack, then I see them look confused. "Um, I mean my dad." I correct my wording.
"Go, we'll just talk later." Shawn encourages, then I nod, and head out.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

I step into Chubbie's, and I instantly spot Frank, then I go sit across from him. "Hey, Frank." I greet him, with a soft smile.
"Hey, I saw on the bulletin board, you sing here?" He points out, sounding kind of like he's proud, I haven't heard that coming from a parent in a long while.
"Yeah, but the reason why I wanted to meet up, when you called, was because, Mum ran off again." I tell him, seriously, then his smile falls.

"I'm sleeping on a friend's couch, right now, and I was hoping, since you're back in town, I can move in with you. You know, it's hard finding an apartment, when I'm a teenage pop singer." I continue, getting to the point, including what Turner had said earlier.
"I'm sorry, kiddo but I live in a one-bedroom apartment, and I'm tight on money right now, as well. There's just no way, I can let you move in right now." He responds, then I look up at the clock, and I pull out my wallet.
"I have to get to school." I point out, plainly, as I put some money, on the table, and I walk out.