Chapter 4: Running After You

LOUIS' POV:

I watched Millie runaway. My heart was shattered. I thought I could trust her, but then all this happened. She lied to me, and she murdered 4 people. Never had I thought that she was the kind of person capable of doing such a thing.

I looked at the structure that wasn't finished. A big hole in the house, I then realized what I had just done. I made a big hole in my heart, like the one on the side of my house. A note at at the table.

Millie was going back to America, creating a new life. I didn't want that. She would be on the opposite side if the world, with no one to protect her from the people who might want to kill her.

I raced to the sea port. I didn't have shoes on, I ran as fast as I could to get to her. I pushed through people, finally catching sight if her Lon curly hair. I ran in front of her. The only thing she carried was the head band, dress, and shoes he had gotten her for her birthday. Tears still fell down her cheeks. I brushed them away softly with my finger. She looked down.

"I thought you hated me." she said, a year slipping off her cheek.

"I could never hate you. I was just mad that you lied..... and I couldn't believe what you did." I was going to be completely honest with her. "But I love you to much to let you go." he looked up as the words slipped from my lips.

"You love me?"

"If course I do." she wrapped her arms around me, I was surprised at first but I soon wrapped her in my arms. I pulled her closer into my chest, rubbing her back. "Why did you do it?" I asked.

"Just out of anger and fear. I was just fed up with everything I guess." she still cried. I ran my hand over the top of her hair.

"Promise you won't lie to me ever again?"

"Promise," she said, I kissed the top if her head. I saw her smile a little.

We walked back to the house. I got in bed, while she slept out on the couch. After a few minutes I felt a smaller warm body climb in next to me. I flipped over to see Millie next to me. Her green eyes looking into mine. I curled a strand I her curly hair around my finger.

"If I did go back to America, how long would you look for me?" she asked.

"I would run after you, if I had to search for the rest of my life I would. I love you, ever sense I ran into you at Starbucks." the first time they met was about 6 months ago, so it left a bit of time to develop deep feelings for Millie.

The back of her hand rubbed against my cheek. It was warm, and soft. I reached up to her hand and held it as it flipped over in his cheek. Her hand was much smaller in mine. Her soft fingers tangled with mine. I kissed the palm of her hand, and our hands fell between us. She got closer to me, I could feel her breath slightly brushing across my nose. I pulled her body closer to mine so out noses were almost touching. Our bodies pressed together as I leaned in. She jumped away as thunder rolled, and lightning lit the room. She screamed, shooting out from under the covers. I grabbed her hand, wrapping her in my arms. Holding her close to help clam her.

"Shhh everything will be alright." I whispered.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I walked with Millie, our hands locked together. The warm breeze swept, the warm sun beating down on our skin. I brought up the concept of wondering why Millie was so scared of the thunderstorm.

"Any noise makes me scared I guess. Just something thy comes with your parents being killed, and murdering, thinking that someone will come and get me at any moment." she said. What she did was wrong, but why are they looking for her now? They should have arrested her sooner, or pressed charges with her aunt.

"Oh, well there is no need to feel scarred. I'll protect you!" I swung my arms around her lifting her up. I heard her laugh, I smiled as well.

We walked into a clearing in the forest. Trees surrounding us, but when you looked up you say the open sky. Our palms up next to each other, her hand on my shoulder, my hand on her waist. She smiled as we danced around the clearing, I hummed a little.

"I didn't know you could sing." I smiled a little.

"I don't." she gave me one if those 'are you serious' looks. "What!"

"Come on, sing for me." she pleaded, I shook my head. I had never sung in front of anyone, I don't want to.

Rain began to fall on top of out heads, we continued to dance around. We stopped in the middle. My hands held her face with my hands. Her cheeks gently touching my hand. I leaned in, closing the space between us. Our lips touched for the first time.

My hands still held her face when we broke away. Our foreheads and noses touching.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered back, and kissed her again.