19. Heat stroke

Taehyung woke up in a slightly cold, brightly lighted room on a comfortable bed. He groaned as he sat up, feeling his head pounding a little. He noticed something was off when he felt the skin on his arm tough the skin of his leg. He was pretty sure he'd been wearing pants...

He looked down at himself and saw that he was only wearing his boxers. Wouldn't be strange if he knew where he was but he didn't. He only remembered feeling really, really dry and hot and collapsing on the street.

Then he gasped. Did they? Oh his god-

Then the door was pushed open and a rather tall man came walking into this room. "Ah, you're up." He said and he smiled. Taehyung looked panicked and the man noticed. "Don't worry, you're alright."

Taehyung still scooted back on the bed a little. "Where are my clothes?!" He yelled.

The man looked at him with sympathy in his eyes. "There's no reason to be scared. My husband has your clothes." He said. "I'm Namjoon. I found you on the street when I was walking the dog and realized you had a heat stroke."

Taehyung relaxed a little. "Oh." He said softly. Then he showed the man a charming smile. "Then... thank you."

Namjoon smiled back. "No probl-"

"JOON!" A loud voice screamed, interrupting the conversation. "WHERE ARE YOU."

"Jesus Christ Seokjin!" Namjoon yelled back, a lot less loud. "I'm with the boy! He's awake."

Footsteps were heard before a handsome man walked through the door. He gasped when he saw Taehyung's big eyes wide open and ran over to him. "Hi! Why are you here? What year are you from? Is it 2019? I bet it is! Are you cold enough? What's your name?"

Namjoon chuckled. "Leave the boy alone, Jin." He said.

Taehyung somehow liked Seokjin already. He smiled softly. "I'm Kim Taehyung. Yes, I'm from 2019. I'm here for my boyfriend."

Seokjin frowned. "Your boyfriend?" He asked. "You have a boyfriend here?"

Taehyung smiled. "Aish, no. He's back in 2019 but I took his place when he was supposed to be sent back." He said. "Does that make any sense?"

"You were on the news!" Seokjin gasped, startling the poor boy. "Sorry, I know why I recognized you now!"

Taehyung frowned. "I was on the news?"

Seokjin gasped again. "That means that Jungkook is your boyfriend! How is he?!" He yelled, ignoring the blue boy's question. "He's not getting hypothermia right? Have you been treating him well?"

Namjoon shushed him and put his hand on Jin's back. "Calm down honey, he's only been awake for a few minutes." He said and he looked Seokjin in the eyes. "Are you taking your medicine?"

"Joon!" Seokjin softly slapped his cheek. Namjoon raised his eyebrows and Seokjin looked down at his shoes. "No..."

"I'll talk to the boy, alright?" Namjoon said and Seokjin nodded before sitting down in a corner. Namjoon sat down on the side of the bed and looked at Taehyung. "Have you been treating Jungkook well?"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. He thought everyone there hated Jungkook because he did something which he still didn't know what it was, but apparently, these guys were worried.
"I-I mean, I guess?" Taehyung said... wrong answer.

"You guess?!" Seokjin yelled, Namjoon immediately shushed him. "No! What if he's hurting him?" He gasped and stood up, walking over to the bed and grabbing the back of the boy's neck. "Is he still innocent?!"

Taehyung was a little scared but he smiled anyway, thinking about Jungkook. "I can't say that I'm treating him right because I've never asked him if I am. I do assume I am because he seems happy around me." He said, not wanting to get killed by the handsome man.

Seokjin loosened his grip in the boy's neck and quickly pulled him into a hug. "Oh my god. You're making my baby happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Namjoon cleared his throat from behind Seokjin. "Honey?" Jin turned his head to his husband. "Go back to the chair please?"

Seokjin pouted but nodded and walked back to the chair. Taehyung frowned. "Why does he-"

"He's overprotective and stressed." Namjoon told him, then he looked at Seokjin who was looking down at the table. "He can act out if he doesn't take his medicine. But trust me, he's amazing. Don't judge him too fast."

Taehyung smiled softly. "I thought he seemed nice, just a little odd but I am as well."

Namjoon smiled back. Then he wrapped his arms in his chest. "So, how is Jungkook doing?" He asked.

The blue boy sat up straight. "I think he's alright... I haven't seen him in more than a week." He said, sadly. "Why are you so worried about him anyways? I thought he was pretty hated here."

Seokjin pouted and looked at the other two with a sad look. "That's because he's never gotten to tell his whole story. He only told us." He said. "What Jungkook did was nothing compared to what that other fucker did to him."

Taehyung frowned. "What happened to him?" He asked.

Namjoon gave the blue boy a confused look. "He hasn't told you?" He asked and Taehyung hesitantly shook his head. Then Namjoon looked at Seokjin. "I can tell him right? Jungkook wouldn't mind?"

Seokjin raised his shoulders. "Do whatever you think is right."

So, Namjoon told Jungkook's story.

And Taehyung cried at the end.

A lot.

"What's up? Why are you crying?" Namjoon asked, worried.

Seokjin's parent instinct kicked in and he walked over to the boy to hug him. "Don't cry, he's fine now, right?" Seokjin reassured him.

Taehyung leaned into the man's touch. "I just... I- why didn't he tell me before? I would've treated him so much more carefully." He said and he sniffed.

Seokjin smiled weakly. "I think that's exact;y why he didn;t tell you, hon. He's probably scared you'll look at him differently."

That sounded pretty logical. "Yeah, he's like that." Taehyung said with a soft smile. He pulled out of Seokjin's grip and looked at him and Namjoon. "Why are you two so nice to me? I'm literally a random dude from the street."

Namjoon raised his shoulders. "That's what we're taught to do." He said.

Seokjin nodded and hummed agreeingly. "And you're not a stranger. You're Kim Taehyung, you had a heat stroke and you're treating my baby well... three things, that's enough."

Huh, where did Taehyung hear that before?