#8: AND [Jimin]

"Even the extinguished lights
shine with you, again.
Be sure to find me and
Reveal me (stay with me),"

~
AND [Monsta X]

[25th August 2018 ]

Seoul, South Korea
Jeon Enterprises HQ

"Is there no news?"

Mrs. Jeon had just walked into the conference room when she heard the question. She looked up at the woman standing by the window, her face creased with lines of worry and bags underneath her eyes from lack of sleep.

"No, Mrs. Park, we have got no news on our side yet." Mrs. Jeon made her way to the table, "The last we saw them was in Japan. No sightings of them have been reported after that. I assume there's no news on your side either?"

Mrs. Park shook her head, answering in silence.

"It's all your fault." Jimin's mother said in a low voice after a moment, "If you had asked your son whether he wanted to get married or not, this situation could have been avoided." She accused the woman, lifting her head to glare at her. Her dark gaze was filled with concern and frustration at her helplessness.

Mrs Jeon recognized the emotions well for she felt them too. But she didn't let a trace of those emotions show on her face as she calmly lifted her gaze towards the other woman and placed her handbag on the table.

She looked at the other women a little loftily, "Mrs. Park, I don't think everything is as simple as it seems. My son might've run away because of the arranged marriage but have you stopped to think why your son was involved? And how has everything been executed so perfectly that even with both our corporates on the watch we haven't found them yet?"

Mr. Park froze as the words registered before she shook her head seeming disappointed. Mrs. Jeon sat down, pulling a chair from the desk and gesturing for the other woman to take a seat.

"I think it might already be too late to find them before they have done the deed they eloped for. The PR team thinks both families should cooperate to prepare the next course of action for the worst-case scenario." Mrs. Jeon said the words that sat bitter on her tongue.

Mrs. Park looked up at the other woman in disbelief, her expression very much similar to her son's. "I might not come close to a perfect parent but I know my child and I know he won't be stepping into something as big as marriage without his parents' blessings. As for why he ran away and why it was executed so perfectly, I take it you know better than me."

The other woman's gaze was fierce as she sneered, "They'll come back, it's just a matter of when."

And then Mrs. Park was gone. And Mrs. Jeon lowered her gaze, feeling lost.

★★★★★

26 August 2019
Igoumenitsa, Greece

The sun was sinking across the ocean, casting a golden-orange glow on the world. The seagulls dotted the cloudless sky and there was a buzz of people going about their business in the crowded port of Igoumenitsa.

I took in a deep breath filled with the sea breeze that smelled like smoke, fuel, and seafood; tapping my fingers against the steering wheel to the music as the car slowly made its way up the ramp and onto the overnight fairy.