[2]

July 6th, 1991

Tom "Iceman" Kazansky couldn't believe that he has a son

Tom "Iceman" Kazansky couldn't believe that he has a son. It's been only a few weeks since he gained custody of the young boy, and he'd trying his best to be a father.

His first day of being Tom "Dad" Kazansky, he took Aiden out for breakfast at a small diner. He and Aiden sat down in a booth as the waiter walked away to give them some time with the menu. Tom picked up his menu and scaned over it before looking at Aiden.

"So," he started, "watcha getting? Pancakes?" He smiled. Aiden shook his head, making Tom frown. There was nothing about any allergies he know of. And what kind of kid doesn't like pancakes?

"Are you allergic?"

"My mom doesn't. . . my mom didn't let me have them." He said timidly.

"Do you want pancakes?" Tom questioned. Aiden nodded, his emerald green eyes sparkled as if he was getting a new toy. "Then get them. I don't mind."

"Really?" Aiden questioned. He felt like it was a trick, a mean game that his mother used to do. She would give him hope then tear him down last minute.

"Really." Tom smiled. "Do you like chocolate? They have chocolate pancakes you can have." Tom suggested. Aiden nodded with a wide smile.

When the waitress came back she gave Aiden a smile and pulled out a pen and paper.

"What would you like to order?" She questioned.

"One order of egg n' sausage and a stack of chocolate pancakes, please." Tom said to the waiter, a smile on his face. She blushed and wrote it down on her pad of paper.

"Drinks?"

"I'll have a coffee, and. . ." Tom looked at Aiden, signaling him to tell the woman his drink of choice.

"M-milk, please." He mumbled. She smiled and wrote it down.

"I'll be back shortly." She said as she took the menus and walked away.

"Thank you." Aiden said as he messed with his fork on the table. Tom smiled again. God, he couldn't believe he has a kid. He declared to himself, in that diner with Aiden in front of him, that he would give this kid the best life he can.

•  •  •
1991 to 1999 information

Tom noticed different things about Aiden as he continued to live with him. He was told by authorities that Aiden was abused, physically and emotionaly. He didn't know what to do with the information at the time but it started to show.

Aiden is a quiet kid, Tom figured out quite early on. At times Aiden is so quiet that it scares Tom when he can't hear him. As a kid himself he was always making some sort of noise. Playing games, playing with toys and imagining a story taking place in front of him. Aiden's quite the opposite.

And, god, he's shy. It's quiet adorable until you remember what he went through for most of his life. When Tom introduced Maverick 'aka Pete Mitchell', Aiden basicly hid from him. Of course, at the time, Pete thought Tom was joking around. Him with a kid? At thirty-two, technically twenty-five when Aiden was born, Mav though it was a prank. He was quite surprised to see a sandy-blonde kid at the top of the stairs looking down at him.

That day forth, once Aiden got comfortable with Pete, Aiden had another figure in his like. Pete Mitchell became a uncle-like figure. Hanging out with Aiden made Maverick want kids.

Pete was a big help in getting Aiden out of his shell. And it was mostly because he took Aiden to the Bradshaw residance. With the death of his best friend Nick "Goose" Bradshaw he felt like he needed to be there for Bradley and Carole. Aiden and Bradley became friends very quickly, both having the love for nature. And with Bradley having a large play set in his backyard the two of them bonded quickly.

Since then the two of them basicly grew up together and even went to the same school. They became best of friends, two peas in a pod.

But nothing lasts forever, no matter how hard you try.

. . .
Bad start, kind of weird, but good enough.