[5]

California- The Hard Deck, 2019

Bradley smiles at Aiden, his white teeth looking like pearls in his mouth. From Aiden's position, sitting on the edge of the pool table, Bradley leans over him slightly. Aiden smiles at him and takes a sip of his beer. But Hangman walked over, ruining their encounter.

"Bradshaw," Hangman says with a smirk on his lips. He takes the cue from Bob, who has spent the last minute trying to line up for his shot. Of course Bob didn't do anything to get it back. "As I live and breath."

"Hangman. You look," Bradley took a second to look at Hangman before answering. "good." He finished. Hangman leans down to the pool table, lining up his shot with the cue.

"Well, I am good Rooster." He states and looks up at him. He makes the shot and stands back up. Bradley looks at Aiden and shakes his head, causing Aiden to smile but he hides it by covering his face with his drink.  "I'm very good. In fact, I'm too good to be true."

"So," Payback says before anything more could happen between those two pilots. "Anybody know what this special detachment is all about?" He looks at the group.

"A mission is a mission. They don't confront me." Hangman says as he lines up another shot. "What I wanna know is who's going to be team leader, and which one of y'all has what it takes to follow me." Hangman says while mostly looking at Bradley. Bradley looks away as he begins to speak.

"Hangman, the only place you'll lead anyone is an early grave." Aiden wants to gasp in shock and snort at the same time. Payback makes a 'ouh' sound with a part laughter. But no one says anything. In the awkward silence Aiden takes another drink and smiles at Rooster. Hangman smiles as he stands back up and moves around the pool table. He locks eyes with Phoenix before looking back at Bradley.

"Anyone who follows you is just gonna run out of fule." Hangman smiles. "But that's just you, ain't it, Rooster? You're snug on that purch, waiting for just the right moment. . . that never comes." Hangman smiles again. Slow Ride plays loudly in the background as a silence falls within the group once again.

"I love this song." Hangman says before walking away. Coyote smiles at Rooster, being on Hangman's side. Aiden placed the empty beer bottle on the pool's edge as he and Rooster watch Hangaman walk away.

"Well he hasn't changed." Aiden states.

"Nope. Sure hasan't." Bradley responds before walking away. He watches as more people in uniform walk in. He spots Halo and waves. She's his new  back seater, and he's heard good things about her.

"What the hell kind of mission is this?" Fanboy questions. Phoenix looks over at the male.

"That's not the question we should be asking." SHe states. "Everyone here is the best there is.Who the hell are they going to get to teach us." Aiden smiles and looks over at Maverick for a quick second before shrugging his shoulders like he doesn't know.

Suddenly the music comes to an abrupt stop. The crowd 'aw's and makes disapproved noises. Aiden is mt with Bradley sitting over at a piano.

When the two of them were somewhere in their teenage years Bradley played him 'Great Balls of Fire' and explained how his father used to play it. How he could still remember his father through playing the keys. So watching Bradley sit before a piano made Aiden smile again for the tenth time.

"Hey, guys." Aiden says as he, Phoenix, Fanboy, Payback and Bob walk over to Rooster. Everyone gets on Roosters left, smiling as he continues to play soft notes. The bell rings multiple times, signaling that someone is broke. The crowd cheers and everyone starts yelling 'overboard'. Which really means to throw them out of the bar. Aiden makes eye contact with Pete as he is hauled out of the bar.

Rooster begins the song:

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
Too much love drives a man insane
You broke my will, but what a thrill

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire

I laughed at love 'cause I thought it was funny
But you came along and you moved me, honey
I changed my mind, this love is fine

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire

Kiss me, baby
Ooh, that feels good, baby
Hold me, baby
I wanna love you like a lover should
You're fine, you're so kind
I'ma tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine

I chew my nails, and I twiddle my thumbs
I'm getting nervous, but it sure is fun
Come on, baby, you're driving me crazy

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire

Kiss me, baby
Ooh, that feels good
Hold me, baby
I wanna love you like a lover should
You're fine, you're so kind
I'ma tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine

I chew my nails, and I twiddle my thumbs
I get nervous, but it sure is fun
C'mon, baby, you're driving me crazy

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!

Once the song was finished Rooster stood and did a little dance, getting cheered on by the crowd for his performance. Everyone cheered again, Aiden clapping with them.

///
short but worth it. Also tell me if the
video at top isn't working.
Also I am planning other
Top Gun books for Hangman, Bob and I may
even make one for Maverick and go
back to the first movie.